Author Topic: Can't access KMEM Control Tower  (Read 15632 times)

Hnla

Can't access KMEM Control Tower
« on: March 13, 2017, 06:10:08 pm »
For some reason, just recently, when I try to go into the control tower via AVATAR, the avatar will always fall out of the tower.

Also, when I try to go up manually, the avatar just gets "pushed" backwards and can't even go inside.

Any ideas?

Hnla

Re: Can't access KMEM Control Tower
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 09:33:49 pm »
Wow, support here has really gone downhill...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 01:31:41 pm »
Support hasn't gone anywhere, it's just that nobody ever reported this problem before, and I cannot seem able to reproduce it.

But the real issue is, we are in a middle of a very large update that will affect all our products (new simulators keep coming...), so we made so many changes already, that's it's best you wait for the update before reporting anything.

Hnla

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 05:48:16 pm »
I really would like to solve this problem..

It's almost like KMEM is thinking the Tower is an object that you are colliding with...

If I try to go up the tower manually, the avatar simply bounces away from the tower if it gets too close to it. If I try to warp it into the tower, the avatar will fly away from the tower and fall.. every single time.

Can you please help me with this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 06:25:07 pm »
If I try to go up the tower manually, the avatar simply bounces away from the tower if it gets too close to it. If I try to warp it into the tower, the avatar will fly away from the tower and fall.. every single time.

As I've said, this doesn't happen, and nobody ever reported it before. From your description, it seems for some reason, the sim is not reporting through Simconnect that you are in Avatar mode, and reports as if you were inside an airplane.

There's nothing we can do about this, because it's clearly happens on your system only, so I suggest to wait for our next update, because so many things has changed, that it's possible this will clear itself.

Hnla

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 02:05:35 am »
Issue STILL there in P3D V4. How can that be???  ???
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 04:40:21 am by Hnla »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 03:21:24 pm »
Issue STILL there in P3D V4. How can that be???  ???

Still doesn't happen here, and still nobody has ever reported it before.

hilds434

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 02:45:04 am »
I've got the same issue here.  Every time I try to warp the avatar to the control tower he winds up just outside the cab and proceeds to fall off.  I've tried going up the elevator but I can't even get through the door.  He'll walk up, the door opens, but when he gets a couple feet from it he bounces back into the bushes and then starts running backwards.  It's almost as if the door swinging out is knocking him away, and I have also waited until the door opens all the way to approach.  I've updated though live update, uninstalled and reinstalled the scenery, and tried with the default blue jeans avatar and the aerosoft pilot guy.  Running P3dv4 is that helps.

Hnla

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 04:10:01 am »
He won't do anything to help with this, because "it doesn't happen on his system"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 01:03:08 pm »
He won't do anything to help with this, because "it doesn't happen on his system"

If you could tell me how I could possibly fix something that doesn't happen, except to TWO users, out of the thousands that bought KMEM...without the slightest hint about what other software you use.

Do you use non-standard camera utilities, for example ? That might have an effect on the avatar position detection, which of course use the official method to retrive its position but, if you use non-standard camera utilities, especially those that hack into memory to set the camera, it might not work.

Hnla

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2017, 03:10:35 pm »
Do you use non-standard camera utilities, for example ?

No

Hnla

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 03:28:15 pm »
It's so funny how even after a hardware upgrade and complete windows install, this issue still exists in P3D V4... and Virtuali still refused to think its something in the scenery....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2017, 12:00:37 pm »
Fact that just 2 users ever reported it, clearly indicates it's not a problem of the scenery.

Maybe you two guys are both using another product which plays with the camera in non documented ways, which will of course cause problems to the scenery, which use only proper standard ways to retrieve the viewpoint position.

Hnla

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2017, 04:26:16 pm »
Fact that just 2 users ever reported it, clearly indicates it's not a problem of the scenery.

Maybe you two guys are both using another product which plays with the camera in non documented ways, which will of course cause problems to the scenery, which use only proper standard ways to retrieve the viewpoint position.

Than explain why it happened with a vanilla install of Windows and P3D V4?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2017, 10:06:52 am »
Than explain why it happened with a vanilla install of Windows and P3D V4?

It doesn't. If if did, someone else would have reported it by now. The only possible explanation is, your installation is not "vanilla" and you might still have traces of the product that caused this.