Author Topic: Jetbridges Not Showing After Update  (Read 7027 times)

rsmith6621a

Jetbridges Not Showing After Update
« on: December 11, 2017, 06:02:40 am »

P3dv4

I clicked on Update Manager tonight for the first time in 3 months and it went through the ptocess. Then I went to load up KMEM and when I did the jetbridges were missing. I also am getting a message saying "Regeneration Complete Cache Failure in 1 Second"

I tried rebuilding and refresh with the Coutl engine and still no jetbridges.  This is also affecting CLT/LAS/IAH/SDF

Any clues.

Thanks

Randy

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetbridges Not Showing After Update
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 11:52:30 am »
[quote author=rsmith6621a link=topic=17049.msg120390#msg120390 date=1512968560I clicked on Update Manager tonight for the first time in 3 months and it went through the ptocess. Then I went to load up KMEM and when I did the jetbridges were missing.[/quote]

KMEM requires SODE to display jetways. Is that proper installed and showing in the Addons menu ? Latest version of SODE comes with GSX, but can also be downloaded and installed separately:

https://sode.12bpilot.ch/

I also am getting a message saying "Regeneration Complete Cache Failure in 1 Second"

That doesn't have anything to do with the scenery, but it's likely caused by either a problem in one of your .BGLs (corrupted files, missing files, etc.), or an external program which is denying access to a folder.

If you enable Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings, and check the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG file after choosing the "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" option, it should tell you why the cache regeneration failed.

rsmith6621a

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 02:36:32 pm »
I have SODE V 1.5.3 installed and SODE registered in P3V4. How about the other airports I mentioned having the same issue.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 05:57:04 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 05:57:12 pm »
I have SODE V 1.5.3 installed and SODE registered in P3V4. How about the other airports I mentioned having the same issue.

You haven't replied to the issue of checking the cache regeneration error but basically, without the cache, GSX cannot create jetways so, until you fix that problem, it's normal they won't appear.

DispatchRandy

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 06:30:25 pm »

You haven't replied to the issue of checking the cache regeneration error but basically, without the cache, GSX cannot create jetways so, until you fix that problem, it's normal they won't appear.

I dont have FSDT GSX installed.....YET

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 06:44:44 pm »

That's explains it: without GSX, those scenery with SODE jetways won't have jetways. Since GSX is free to use at our airports, we assumed it's always installed, regardless if it's bought or not.

rsmith6621a

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 07:03:18 pm »

That's explains it: without GSX, those scenery with SODE jetways won't have jetways. Since GSX is free to use at our airports, we assumed it's always installed, regardless if it's bought or not.

So are you saying to install the trial version of GSX? and the problem will be solved?

DispatchRandy

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 07:14:17 pm »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 07:18:47 pm »
So are you saying to install the trial version of GSX? and the problem will be solved?

Yes, SODE jetways in our scenery require GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 07:20:30 pm »
Looks like GSX is installed

Your screenshot it's not very clear but, it doesn't seem you have GSX. Those people are coming with KMEM scenery.

If you say you haven't installed GSX, we must assume you haven't: it's surely not installed automatically with the scenery and if you don't install it, what will happen is exactly what you reported: no jetways.

DispatchRandy

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2017, 07:26:57 pm »

Yes, SODE jetways in our scenery require GSX.

Paid version or will the TRIAL version work?

rsmith6621a

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2017, 07:40:41 pm »

Installed GSX TRIAL and problem solved. So I do not need to purchase GSX for it to work in FSDT scenerys RIGHT?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2017, 08:24:00 am »
So I do not need to purchase GSX for it to work in FSDT scenerys RIGHT?

Exactly:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_gsx.html

GSX works FOR FREE AT ALL FSDT AIRPORTS, because it greatly enhances the previous ParkMeā„¢ feature, and it integrates perfectly with our airports.

Purchasing GSX, will enable to use it at ALL FSX Airports, both default and 3rd party, even those not released yet

Of course, we are quite sure that, once you start using GSX, you'll surely want to use it everywhere else...

rsmith6621a

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2017, 11:20:30 pm »

Thanks for your help Umberto .

PS: I am still available to BETA test for you.

Randy