Author Topic: Boarding and De-boarding Times constant  (Read 5173 times)

portanav

• Retired (BWIA-Caribbean Airlines)
    • My Boeing B738NG Sim Build.
Boarding and De-boarding Times constant
« on: March 06, 2017, 11:59:37 am »
Hello;

I had modified the Boarding and De-boarding Times to increase the times, which worked fine up until the last update. Now the times are very short and making any change has no effect.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Regards,
regards, MICHAEL.

System: Win10/64, I7/6400, GTX 1080, P3Dv5.2, Prosim737 v2.31, Prosim Flt. Model B738

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Boarding and De-boarding Times constant
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 12:33:24 pm »
I had modified the Boarding and De-boarding Times to increase the times, which worked fine up until the last update. Now the times are very short and making any change has no effect.

The only thing that has changed with the latest update, is that GSX now correctly have the boarding time to be always short, if the airplane is flagged as Cargo, which was a problem with the previous versions.

portanav

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 01:55:24 pm »
Thanks for the reply Umberto. My model aircraft is a Boeing B737-800 Passenger; I will check to see if its designation has changed and causing this short boarding time.

Regards,
regards, MICHAEL.

System: Win10/64, I7/6400, GTX 1080, P3Dv5.2, Prosim737 v2.31, Prosim Flt. Model B738

Rikypara

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 12:35:34 am »
I have experienced something similar with A320 FSL but I suspect it is not related to GSX but to FSL. I had set about 5" per pax which gave roughly 15 mins for 180 pax. Now I set the number of pax and cargo through the payload manager of the plane integrated in the MCDU. When I ask for boarding it drops to zero pax and then progressively increases in a couple of minutes. The dropping/increase is due to FSL, I think GSX reads a value far lower than my amount and makes boarding lenght accordingly. But it should be related to FSL original dropping/increasing pax. Umberto obviously correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe also your 737 makes something similar

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 09:31:24 am »
The dropping/increase is due to FSL, I think GSX reads a value far lower than my amount and makes boarding lenght accordingly. But it should be related to FSL original dropping/increasing pax. Umberto obviously correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe also your 737 makes something similar

Yes, this was something to be aware of even with the Aerosoft Airbus. If the airplane changes its load in realtime, to simulate a progressive load or cargo/passengers, this will affect how GSX estimate the number of passengers on board, which is obtained by dividing the total load by 220 lbs, which is an industry standard used to estimate the average weight of a passenger + luggage.

The calculation is made when you select either Boarding or Deboarding so, in order to be sure GSX can calculate the passengers number correctly, you should call Boarding/Deboarding when the airplane has finished its own progressive load simulation, so the weight is final.

Rikypara

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 10:04:26 am »
The dropping/increase is due to FSL, I think GSX reads a value far lower than my amount and makes boarding lenght accordingly. But it should be related to FSL original dropping/increasing pax. Umberto obviously correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe also your 737 makes something similar

Yes, this was something to be aware of even with the Aerosoft Airbus. If the airplane changes its load in realtime, to simulate a progressive load or cargo/passengers, this will affect how GSX estimate the number of passengers on board, which is obtained by dividing the total load by 220 lbs, which is an industry standard used to estimate the average weight of a passenger + luggage.

The calculation is made when you select either Boarding or Deboarding so, in order to be sure GSX can calculate the passengers number correctly, you should call Boarding/Deboarding when the airplane has finished its own progressive load simulation, so the weight is final.
Yep :) Calling boarding/deboarding when the weight is final was possible with Aerosoft, with Flightsimlabs I guess no. I think they made the plane interact with GSX in one way (from Fsl to Gsx). When I call boarding on Gsx then the weight on payload on Fsl drops to zero. I think FSL detects in someway that I called boarding and bypass GSX times. So it reads a very low weight. I think people are not aware of that and think that GSX is guilty in some way for their short boarding time. But that's not true, it's the opposite.
I suspect there is interaction in some way also because they use a remote fueling panel and when gsx tells me "please use the refuelling system etc" without any command of mine fsl activates the switch to start refuelling...

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

portanav

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 09:04:40 am »
The only thing that has changed with the latest update, is that GSX now correctly have the boarding time to be always short, if the airplane is flagged as Cargo, which was a problem with the previous versions.
Hi Umberto;

I checked my configuration and my B737-800 is classified as a passenger carrying aircraft. No change.

Regards,
regards, MICHAEL.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2017, 10:15:44 am »
I checked my configuration and my B737-800 is classified as a passenger carrying aircraft. No change.

Then you haven't loaded the airplane, so it's very light, so the estimated passenger number is very low, meaning you won't notice much difference when increasing the time per passenger.

portanav

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2017, 11:24:09 pm »

Then you haven't loaded the airplane, so it's very light, so the estimated passenger number is very low, meaning you won't notice much difference when increasing the time per passenger.
Hello Umberto;

This time instead of using TOPCAT to load, I loaded the aircraft manually, with a payload of 23000kg (pax 17000 and baggage 6000). I have the timer in GSX set at 5.0 for boarding and 2.0 for de-boarding. It took 3.7 mins. to board the aircraft. It should have taken at least 8 mins. to board.

I have attached the log file for your perusal. Maybe you can find what's going on here?

Regards,
regards, MICHAEL.

davidbr22

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 01:24:45 am »
Hi:
I'm using the default 73. No matter what time I set for boarding, it's always 1 min 45 seconds to complete. The passenger load is 22,850. Attached are the install log, couatl log and couatl addon ini.
Dave

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 04:21:24 pm »
No need to send logs, we found the issue: the time factor in the preferences was always read as if was "1.0", regardless of your setting. Will be fixed in the next update.

davidbr22

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2017, 04:54:25 pm »
Thank you Umberto --- glad to know I haven't lost my mind. Looking forward to next update.
Dave

portanav

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2017, 05:29:09 pm »
Thank you Umberto.
regards, MICHAEL.