Author Topic: XPOI disappearing in P3D  (Read 13392 times)

JDLinn

• Return to Misty Moorings
Re: XPOI disappearing in P3D
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2017, 02:05:29 pm »
Good Morning. Our posts crossed and mine didn't make it, so reposting.

Nope, no REX here. But I do have ACTIVE SKY NEXT with the CLOUD ART installed and that can make weather "happen."  Good explanation on the Hotfix and error reporting, very interesting.

Here's my plan for now.  I'll fly as I usually do and see if/when it quits again and grab the log (which again probably will show nothing). After that happens, if it does, then I'll fly a long flight without ACTIVE SKY NEXT ... maybe there's a problem there. But this will be a way for us to find out. Is there anything else you want me to do on my end? (I really appreciate the help).

XPOI is the best program of its kind, and perfect for what I'm doing (broadcasting low and slow flights) ... So I'm going to use it whether or not we ever find the problem ... it is that good!  I'll keep you posted with what is happening. If you have anything for me to try, let me know.

Doug

JDLinn

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2017, 06:27:53 pm »
OK. I flew out of Prince Rupert and set a direct route to Anchorage at 6500 feet and just let it run with "unlimited fuel" activated. ACTIVE SKY NEXT was turned on and working. Everything was working fine.  I ran some errands (3 hours) and came back and looked at it, and even though way out over ocean (where no XPOI data points), the XPOI had disappeared from the menu, meaning it had stopped again.  The log is attached.  I still don't see any error on it. But it did stop working again.

Now I'm going to do the same thing, fly direct from Prince Rupert to Anchorage at 6500 feet with ACTIVE SKY NEXT turned OFF.  This will be a good test because if it stops again, we'll know it isn't ACTIVE SKY NEXT.  I'll keep you posted.  And again, if there is something I can try for you, I don't mind being a beta to help you.

Doug

JDLinn

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2017, 07:38:27 pm »
ACTIVE SKY OFF test.   Ran the identical scenario. ACTIVE SKY NEXT was "OFF".  The same thing happened about an hour into the flight.  So it is not ACTIVE SKY NEXT.

I've attached two logs (don't know if it makes a dif for you or not). The 01 is BEFORE I turned off P3D. The 02 log is after P3D was shut down. They look the same to me and I don't see an error.

I'm not running any other active programs that I can think of, except FSUIPC.  So I'm out of ideas to try here.  From an amateur's point of view, it looks like the log isn't catching the error at all. (Is this because I don't have GSX? Maybe some relationship with logging with that program?).

Another Clue. I have FSUIPC and have it turned on to "save" a flight I'm running every half hour or so. When I reloaded this latest one where XPOI stopped, when it reloaded, XPOI was there and in the menu and working perfectly.

I now also see an error in my event viewer ... and it shows the same for both instances today. Attached is a screen shot of the error.

Hope all of this helps.

Doug

Update: I have the "latest" FSUIPC. I downloaded the latest Version "4.962 found."  I downloaded 4.964 but it will not install to the latest version of P3D (HotFix 3). So I think I'm up to date on FSUIPC.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 08:57:21 pm by JDLinn »

JDLinn

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2017, 03:15:44 am »
Latest Log from 3.10.2017 about 8:30 PM EST

It stopped this time about 15 minutes into the flight. Active Sky was running.  Attached is the log (I don't see any errors) and a copy of the event error.

Doug

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2017, 10:32:42 am »
Try to simply lower the POI density, by turning off some categories and/or lowering their visual range in the XPOI Settings.

It's POSSIBLE there's an hard limit on the number of objects that can be created by the sim through Simconnect calls, that we simply are unaware of, since it's not documented in the SDK.

The issue is, XPOI takes all its data from the internet, and it's likely the geonames data base it's bigger than what it used to be in 2009 when XPOI was designed, so it might require some tweaking in some areas, to keep the load manageable.

JDLinn

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2017, 01:06:38 pm »
Ok I'll back out some items and see what happens. But did you notice the errors I'm getting with my event manager?  Also it whole be nice if we could back off the distance for the items. Backing off the distance for the name wouldn't do anything for this problem. A range of 5 miles, 10, 15 woold be good. If you back off only on the names showing, the calls have still been made. I'll back things off and keep you posted.

Doug

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2017, 04:00:09 pm »
Also it whole be nice if we could back off the distance for the items. Backing off the distance for the name wouldn't do anything for this problem. A range of 5 miles, 10, 15 woold be good. If you back off only on the names showing, the calls have still been made.

That's not how XPOI works, and that's why there's no separate option for the xpoi items. The item and each separate letter of the name are entirely separate calls so, controlling the distance of the title is far more effective.

JDLinn

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2017, 05:42:40 pm »
OK, cut everything back, more than half. Turned off the POI and Facilities settings ... nothing was showing. It quit after 30 minutes and I was flying over ocean near Hawaii (not much to pop up anyway).  Please look at these two errors from my event log for the computer. I've attached the log (shows nothing), and the two Administrative Errors from the Computer's events log.

Doug

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2017, 11:21:06 pm »
Again, the error logs do not show anything. Try to XPOI altogether.