Author Topic: Vehicle / Taxi links  (Read 3249 times)

Silkyman

Vehicle / Taxi links
« on: February 28, 2017, 12:45:57 am »
Hi, Been using GSX for a while now and really pleased with it.

I decided to develop my own airport and have started adding the parking spots one at a time. So far I have 1 small aircraft parking spot with taxiways to the runway and 1 vehicle parking spot with vehicle links connecting to the apron link for aircraft parking.
No matter where i connect to the parking spot the service vehicles will not follow the vehicle path always the taxiways to the center of the airfield when the vehicle parking is only a few meters away.

Attached is an image of the ADE layout.

Thanks for a great product.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Vehicle / Taxi links
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 12:49:22 pm »
If the vehicle parking is too close (less than 100 meters) to your airplane parking, it won't be used.

Silkyman

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 12:02:09 am »
Thank you for the answer.

It works now I've added a parking further away.

One more question please.....
Is it possible to have the Catering come from a different parking position than the baggage carts.

The idea is to have the baggage carts go into the terminal building and have the catering come from another location in the airport.

Thanks again,
Danny

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 02:49:17 am »
The idea is to have the baggage carts go into the terminal building and have the catering come from another location in the airport.

The parking types are only Vehicle, Fuel and Parking. We use them in this order of priority (of course, the Fuel truck will prefer a Fuel parking and the other GSX vehicles a Vehicle parking) but, I'm not sure how using a Fuel (bad for food...) or an airplane Parking would be a better choice than using the Vehicle parking, as we use now.

Silkyman

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 11:17:24 pm »
Thanks once again for the reply.
Just to clarify my question a bit better. If i had 2 "vehicle" parking spots one north and one south of the airport Is it possible to have the baggage carts go to the south vehicle parking and the catering spawn and return at the north vehicle parking?

Danny