Author Topic: VIRTUALI Addon Manager **SOLVED**  (Read 7597 times)

Cbrock

VIRTUALI Addon Manager **SOLVED**
« on: February 26, 2017, 08:34:29 pm »
Upon startup of FSX, I accidentally selected to never run the VIRTUALI addon manager. I tried to reset my fsx.cfg and dll.xml, but to no avail. Since my troubleshooting, FSX has yet to ask me again if I would like to run VIRTUALI addon manager upon startup, even after downloading the standalone manager from the website and reinstalling it. Any sugestions?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 10:15:57 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: VIRTUALI Addon Manager
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 01:37:02 pm »
- Uninstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager" ?

- Reinstall it.

This will clear up your trust question from FSX.

Cbrock

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 09:59:21 pm »
I went to the control panel and uninstalled the VIRTUALI addon manager from there. I then re downloaded the standalone manager from the website and installed it. Upon startup of FSX, it did not ask me if I wanted to trust/run the VIRTUALI addon manager. Also, inside FSX under the addons tab, there is no addon manager present there.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 10:23:56 am »
I went to the control panel and uninstalled the VIRTUALI addon manager from there. I then re downloaded the standalone manager from the website and installed it. Upon startup of FSX, it did not ask me if I wanted to trust/run the VIRTUALI addon manager.

If you are SURE you did this:

reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager" ?

If you haven't been asked the question to trust it again, it can be only due to one of the following:

1) You have trusted (or UN-trusted) Virtuali by default, so no question will be made again. To fix this, go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali Sagl", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

OR

2) If you are SURE #1 doesn't apply, then it's your antivirus which is blocking the program from even trying to start. So you must disable the antivirus when installing, and configure it to exclude the whole Flight sim folder before running it.

Cbrock

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 03:59:03 am »
Thanks for the help guys! Solution number 1 fixed the issue.