Author Topic: Absurd  (Read 4081 times)

davidbr22

Absurd
« on: February 24, 2017, 10:59:12 pm »
Hi:
I posted in KLAX but have not received a response. When I install GSX, things go south at KLAX. The terminal buildings vanish. If I restart Couatl and rebuild the airport cache, they appear, but only for that session. If I remove GSX, everything returns back to normal.  I don't have a log file to attach, I uninstalled GSX so at least I can enjoy the scenery. Attached are 2 pictures of KLAX with GSX and without DSX. I also attached my NVIDIA settings which are the default settings except I have anisotropic set at 16. There are no addons at all, everything is standard. Video card is GTX 770, ran diagnostics on the card and the card is functioning as it should. I would really like to have some help with this.
Thanks,
Dave
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 11:02:26 pm by davidbr22 »

fakeflyer737

Re: Absurd
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 11:01:35 pm »
go to their website and redownload the latest version of the "addon manager"....that will probably solve your problems.

davidbr22

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 03:01:15 pm »
I downloaded and installed the entire GSX program --- solved nothing.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 06:25:08 pm »
 Have you searched the forums? Lots of threads on Missing buildings. One possible solution is to check for a missing SimObjects\Misc entry in your fsx.cfg or simobjects.cfg. It's got nothing to do with your videocard or NCP settings.

davidbr22

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 10:10:42 pm »
Take a look at the picture I added today. This is what I see after GSX is installed, which was downloaded again prior to installation. It's beyond missing buildings.
BTW -- they keep saying the same thing over and over -- it's a video setting which I know it's not. After GSX is uninstalled ---- scenery is normal.
Dave

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 04:47:15 pm »
You probably have an outdated version of KLAX, so you should download and install that one, not GSX.

davidbr22

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 10:42:58 pm »
Ok, but the klax and GSX downloads were done the same day. In fact, today I downloaded all my sceneries again (KLAX, PHNL, KJFK V2 and GSX) and the problem is still there. After todays install, things got worse. Not only is KLAX the same, but if I go to PHNL or KJFK from the FS Opening screen, I'm up in air above the spot. Uninstall GSX, and the problem remains.  Uninstall all scenery and re-install the same scenery with no GSX and it's normal. It may not be GSX per se, but something in the installation of GSX is causing this over and over. Where can I download versions that work ? I even tried installing everything today, all my sceneries, and the stand alone addon manager and that didn't work.  Sorry for posting in 2 areas, but I'm getting very frustrated especially since it all worked beautifully until the latest GSX/Addon manager update.
I also installed the trial versions on a Win10 computer and I noticed after GSX was installed, I got message that said a reboot was required. On Win 7, I don't get that. Is that a Win10 install procedure and not a Win7 procedure ?  And thank you for answering.
Dave

davidbr22

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 10:37:49 pm »
After downloading and installing KLAX, PHNL, KJVK V2 and GSX, everything seemed ok until I went to PHNL from the FSXX opening screen. Then I was above the runway and after that, no matter what airport I went to, I was up in the air. When I tried to restart Couatl and rebuild the airport cache, I got a message that said Couatl had stopped and I need to download the latest Stand Alone Add-on Manager. GSX was just downloaded and installed and it has the latest add-on manager. Restarted FSX, tried again to rebuild, same message. The log file is attached and notice the entry about KLAX. Same old problems at KLAX. Either no terminals and other buildings or fuzzy scenery with artifacts. Once again, uninstall GSX, reinstall the scenery, it all goes away. When I download am I using 1 server ?  It appears that one of the sceneries is not installing correctly.
Please help,
Dave

davidbr22

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2017, 04:06:43 pm »
Finally, after countless downloads and installs, everything is now working as it should.  My normal procedure is install, test, uninstall if needed, use regedit, delete all registry entries (except licensing), reboot, then install again. All Virtuali folders, including those in hidden folders, are also deleted before a new install. Without changing anything, I downloaded and installed last night. The download was faster, the install was faster, the results were great. I can now run all sceneries in both DX9 and DX10 with no problems at all. My only questions are how can I verify the download and why isn't there an install log ?
Dave

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2017, 12:32:15 pm »
Without changing anything, I downloaded and installed last night. The download was faster, the install was faster, the results were great.

This seems to indicate, the only problem you ever had, was issues related to sever overload due to too many people downloading at the same time. It has been clear that we need new servers and, of course, this is being taken care of, because the next update will work on Amazon S3 Web services so, it will be basically impossible to bring it down, and download speeds will be much better.

why isn't there an install log ยก

You can log the installer, by starting it up with the /LOG parameter from the command line, like this:

gsx_fsx_setup.exe /LOG=logfile.txt