Author Topic: FSX failed to initialize aircrafts  (Read 2546 times)

oscar hey

FSX failed to initialize aircrafts
« on: February 24, 2017, 02:31:55 pm »

Hello

So after i updated to the latest FSDT GSX patch, FSX has stopped initializing my aircrafts?

I followed the Installer then it popped up with a SODE thing. I checked the paths, looks good. Clicked registrer and activated it. Loaded FSX, Failed to initialize aircreation aircraft, I thought ok i never fly that. I pressed free flight and clicked on the chose aircraft, no airplanes!!! All my pmdg all my a2a gone! Please help i am very fraustraded! So i then spend the next hour searching for a solution, went to bed resumed my work to find a solution next day. Still none.

Thanks!

_

Oscar!

(SODE also known as SimObject Display Engine

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX failed to initialize aircrafts
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 06:39:28 pm »
Nobody ever reported such problem before so no, it's not possible GSX caused this.

The "Failed to initialize aircraft" error seems to be related to some problem in your FSX configuration files, I'd say the most probable problem is your SimobjectsPaths were ALREADY corrupted before installing GSX.

The GSX installer DO NOT touch the SimobjectsPaths lines, but the SODE installer does, but it surely won't destroy them, unless they *already* contained errors, so the SODE installer might have trouble adding its own path lines to an already-corrupted file. There IS a reason why the GSX DO NOT touch these lines, too many users have them already corrupted, so we don't risk trying to fix them.

See this post here, which might help you understanding the issue:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14184.msg104782.html#msg104782