Author Topic: No PAPI lights KLAX 24L/R  (Read 12600 times)

divinglyc

Re: No PAPI lights KLAX 24L/R
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2017, 02:50:40 pm »
Me neither...
Just bought KLAX and found no Papi for RWY 25L....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2017, 03:48:15 pm »
As I've said in several message in this same thread, please confirm if the problem is fixed if you Restart Couatl before landing.

divinglyc

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2017, 11:29:26 am »
As I've said in several message in this same thread, please confirm if the problem is fixed if you Restart Couatl before landing.

Thank you so much! I will try later.  :)
But should we restart Couatl every time before we land? And how far away from the airport should we do this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2017, 05:28:52 pm »
But should we restart Couatl every time before we land?

The reason of the question wasn't to indicate how you are supposed to do (although you can do that, waiting for a better fix), but just to confirm this is indeed the issue, so we can investigate it.

But yes, as a temporary solution, if this fixes the problem, you can try restarting Couatl. Do as soon the airport scenery is loaded (you'll see some pause, so it's easy to notice)

divinglyc

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2017, 06:41:33 pm »
But should we restart Couatl every time before we land?

The reason of the question wasn't to indicate how you are supposed to do (although you can do that, waiting for a better fix), but just to confirm this is indeed the issue, so we can investigate it.

But yes, as a temporary solution, if this fixes the problem, you can try restarting Couatl. Do as soon the airport scenery is loaded (you'll see some pause, so it's easy to notice)

Hi! Thanks for your reply. I tried... yet, still no PAPI.. This evening, I landed 25R, and I restarted Couatl. There was no PAPI as shown in my pic. Besides, it's too bright in the airport.
However, there is no light casting on my aircraft(as my pic.)  And the color of the ground looks a little strange?? Any solution? THanks!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 06:43:07 pm by divinglyc »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2017, 10:34:52 am »
i! Thanks for your reply. I tried... yet, still no PAPI.. This evening, I landed 25R, and I restarted Couatl. There was no PAPI as shown in my pic

This thread title was about the PAPI supposedly missing on runways 24R/L, which doesn't happen here, it works just fine. You are now referring to the runway 25, but that's how the scenery is made, it's not a problem. The information we have is entirely clear, some charts depicts PAPIs only on the 24s, some in both 24 and 25, some just on the 25s.

We'll try to get better information and eventually release a fix but, if you see PAPIs on the 24s and not on the 25s, that's exactly how the scenery is supposed to look like.

Besides, it's too bright in the airport.

Your screenshot doesn't look anything like the FSDT KLAX is supposed to look like. Have you installed other sceneries in the area ? Something from OrbX maybe ? Also, have you changed the sim default HDR settings ( Brightness, Bloom and Saturation, which should be 1.10, 1.00 and 0.80 )

However, there is no light casting on my aircraft(as my pic.)  And the color of the ground looks a little strange??

As you can see from the attached screenshot, the scenery colors are correct, and the airplane cast light on it normally so, the problem is likely caused by another scenery in conflict and/or the HDR settings changed from default.

divinglyc

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2017, 03:35:22 pm »
Thanks for reply. I use PTA, and I have changed my PTA setting. The bluish and over-bright texture has become normal. But still, the light of the airport cannot cast on my planes at all. Is it normal??
I have set the HDR to default setting.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 08:57:49 am by virtuali »

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2017, 05:59:14 pm »
 What sim are you using? Dynamic lighting wasn't introduced until V4.

divinglyc

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2017, 02:25:44 pm »
What sim are you using? Dynamic lighting wasn't introduced until V4.

Thanks! I use P3D v4.
I am not talking about the light from the plane...
I mean there is no light casting on the fuselage of the airplane... It's totally black...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2017, 08:59:47 am »
. But still, the light of the airport cannot cast on my planes at all. Is it normal??I have set the HDR to default setting.

In order for a scenery object to cast light over other objects (like the user airplane), the scenery must be programmed to do this. The only scenery we made that supports this, is KCLT.

Can't see if/when older sceneries could be upgraded, since they were *designed* taking into account a sim with NO dynamic light so, it's likely all their night textures would have to be remade from scratch.