Author Topic: LatinVFR KMIA how do I set this push-back?  (Read 3020 times)

p3dx3

LatinVFR KMIA how do I set this push-back?
« on: February 21, 2017, 07:29:33 pm »
I tell it to push back right, it takes me the opposite. How do I set this Gate W 71 to push me back facing the taxiway south?

http://i.imgur.com/9X9qmji.jpg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: LatinVFR KMIA how do I set this push-back?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 10:28:08 pm »
You can't without editing the AFCAD, and add a new node between the two parkings.

p3dx3

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 08:32:52 am »
You can't without editing the AFCAD, and add a new node between the two parkings.

That is the part confusing the pushback?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 09:12:57 am »
That is the part confusing the pushback?

Not sure what do you mean with "confusing" it. How the program could possibly know it could pushback as you wanted, if there's no node it could push to ?

There's a simple reason why GSX always want to use an existing node: so it can assume (we can only hope) that if a scenery developer placed a path node in some place, there's aren't any buildings or other obstructions in that place, because that would result in AI crashing into something too so, if there's a node, we can assume it's safe to go there.

What we are surely planning to add in the future, is the ability for, at least for the Custom Pushback option (not the default automatic one), to let you specify any Lat/Lon coordinates, not necessarily those of an existing node, so you could at least solve these borderline cases with a custom pushback, without having to change the AFCAD.

p3dx3

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 04:21:59 pm »
I am not a programmer, so I do not know how this would be setup. I thought that GSX would see what the main ramp taxiway was, and that this gate was to push back to that.

I did this and it works but pushback pushes me too far back since it always wants the aircraft to be even with the parking spot line

http://i.imgur.com/2MEisyW.jpg
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 09:34:20 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 09:35:57 pm »
I did this and it works but pushback pushes me too far back since it always wants the aircraft to be even with the parking spot line

That's correct, of course. We fixed what used to be a minor annoyance, following (as usual) a user suggestion:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13707.0.html