Author Topic: KMEM - Problem with GSX, Need Help Please  (Read 2720 times)

Chuck Dreier

KMEM - Problem with GSX, Need Help Please
« on: February 18, 2017, 07:24:48 pm »
This seems to only happen when using a large aircraft such as the PMDG 777 or 747 v3.  When I open GSX at KMEM the 2 page menu shows activities such as warp to FDX Maintenance Hanger, etc.. What I want is the regular "Activate Ground Services" menu for boarding, pushback, etc..  The regular Ground Services menu appears when using smaller aircraft such as the PMDG 737NG.  What am I doing or setting incorrectly to not be able to get Ground Services?   Thanks guys!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 08:51:04 pm by CDreier »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KMEM - Problem with GSX, Need Help Please
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 10:33:51 am »
You are probably looking at two separate issues:

1) Do you use P3D ? If yes, there's some kind of strange bug in P3D, which results in the menu size becoming smaller when loading certain 3rd party airplanes. We don't know why it happens, but it's of course totally unrelated to GSX, since what you are looking at, is not the "GSX menu", but it's the standard Simconnect menu, used by all 3rd party applications with a menu, and we don't have any control over its appearance or its size.

The menu can be resized, but menu users don't realize this, so they think some entires are missing, but it's just the menu that became too small to show them all.

2) You are using the YouControl hotkey, instead of the GSX hotkey. The YouControl menu is something specific to FSDT airports, like KMEM, and it shows different scenery configuration options or special actions, and (by default) is activated with CTRL+F12.

If you press this key on an airport that support the YouControl menu, one option will show the airport name, the other will call GSX.

If you press this key on an airport that doesn't use YouControl (most of them), it will go directly to GSX.

Which is why, GSX has a *separate* "Direct" key, which by default is CTRL+Shift+F12, which will always call GSX directly, regardless if the airport comes with a YouControl menu or not, so you can save a keypress, if you want to go directly to GSX.