Author Topic: GSX crashes quite often and disappears from P3D  (Read 2340 times)

jonatangee

GSX crashes quite often and disappears from P3D
« on: February 18, 2017, 12:01:25 pm »
Hello,

A few months ago I had some GSX crashes but not very often.
Since the last updates (updated two or three times over the last months) I get many more GSX crashes.
I always fly round trips and about half of the times I cannot do it fully with GSX as it crashes at any moment.
And moreover, once crashed it disappears from the P3D add-ons menu and it's impossible to restart it.
Btw I'm almost always flying the PMDG 737NGX.

I don't quite understand the apparent instability of GSX since the latest updates although I'm aware it's a big add-on which relies on many things.
But anyway would it be possible to avoid removing the menu from P3D as soon as it crashes ? So that we can relaunch Couatl (like we do with IVAP for example, which also sometimes crashes, but we can relaunch anytime).

Best regards,

Jonatan Geeurickx

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX crashes quite often and disappears from P3D
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 10:46:01 am »
Please clarify what do you mean with "crashes".

1) An error log from GSX, following to a suggestion to open the error log to see the error ?

OR

2) Just a Windows generic crash ?

OR

3) A silent crash with no errors but the program disappear from the menu ?

jonatangee

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 11:31:14 am »
Hello,

It's a silent crash. Vehicle disappear, CTRL+SHIFT+F12 doesn't trigger anything and Couatl/GSX menus disappear from P3D.
And no way to start Couatl again, the only solution is to restart the simulator.
It doesn't happen everytime but quite often though. And in various situations, on various sceneries (default or not).
Sometimes when asking for the refuelling, sometimes while boarding...

Isn't there a way to restart Couatl manually after such a silent crash ? I know it's hard to debug such a random problem, but if at least we could "reset" Couatl and continue without having to restart P3D...

Jonatan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 12:39:45 pm »
It doesn't happen everytime but quite often though. And in various situations, on various sceneries (default or not).Sometimes when asking for the refuelling, sometimes while boarding...

This I don't quite understand. Try to enable logging in the GSX Troubleshooting page, then, as soon as this happens again, exit from the sim and check the Couatl.LOG file and post it here, or (better) contact me in private so I can have a look at it.