Author Topic: How To Disable Moving Vehicles?  (Read 6318 times)

Fred K

How To Disable Moving Vehicles?
« on: February 16, 2017, 01:13:33 am »
I run a multi-channel (multi-computer) setup using WideView.   I really like the KMEM scenery. However I want to disable the moving vehicles since they do not sync across my left/center/right screens.  How can I do that?  I see that they are not controlled via the settings menu in P3D.  The most straightforward way I believe would be to simply delete the associated files, but which ones?  Static vehicles are OK.  Animated avatars are OK.

Thanks,
Fred

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How To Disable Moving Vehicles?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 10:22:15 pm »
It's strange you have the human characters and the static vehicles synchronized, but not the moving vehicles, since they are basically the same.

The issue is, you cannot remove them without causing big stuttering in the scenery, because the sim will pause each time it tries to create an object that doesn't exists. We would need to provide a specific option for them, like the one that enable/disable the Static C5 Galaxy on the military apron.

Fred K

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 12:34:42 am »
The static vehicles sync perfectly.  The "humans" not quite, but because they pretty much stay in one place they do not cross into the field of the other displays.  So they are not a problem.

The moving vehicles are the big problem since they appear randomly on each display and there is no continuity.

Fred

AirBorne

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 03:44:40 am »
It's strange you have the human characters and the static vehicles synchronized, but not the moving vehicles, since they are basically the same.

The issue is, you cannot remove them without causing big stuttering in the scenery, because the sim will pause each time it tries to create an object that doesn't exists. We would need to provide a specific option for them, like the one that enable/disable the Static C5 Galaxy on the military apron.

That would be a very welcome "feature" from my side.

deltamike172

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 06:20:27 pm »
I, too would like to disable to the vehicles, and would like that option in all of your sceneries.  I would like to chose between a more lively scene with moving vehicles and the fact that they drive through my plane during pushback and engine start. 

NETWIZ

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2018, 12:35:34 am »
I too would like to have the option.

Regards
Michel