Author Topic: KMEM reg key  (Read 5056 times)

Butch

KMEM reg key
« on: February 14, 2017, 10:45:29 pm »
I made a copy of the KMWM regkey and have it where I can fine it.
I wanted to know, if I had to reinstall KMEM, could I use that saved regkey and how would I use it?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KMEM reg key
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 10:33:43 am »
I made a copy of the KMWM regkey and have it where I can fine it.

The program told you where you could find it, when it was made. It's your Home folder, the folder with your own name that, under recent OS from Microsoft, it's usually located under C:\Users\YOURNAME

I wanted to know, if I had to reinstall KMEM, could I use that saved regkey and how would I use it?

Double-click on it.

Note that, the ONLY thing a .REG file does, is to SAVE YOU from manually typing the Serial Number, it doesn't do anything else, and nothing in the software reads that file. If you lose it, the only thing it will happen, is that you'll have to type the Serial manually, that's it.

Butch

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 02:16:55 pm »
I Know where the reg key is OK! That wasn't my question. If you  re-read my question, I wanted to know how to use it, capaeesh?  Since I sent the earlier note, I had already
sorted things out.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 02:39:03 pm by Butch »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 03:04:35 pm »
If you  re-read my question, I wanted to know how to use it, capaeesh? 

And if you re-read my answer...

Double-click on it.

Butch

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 04:56:33 pm »
If you  re-read my question, I wanted to know how to use it, capaeesh?  

And if you re-read my answer...

Double-click on it.

I Know where the reg key is OK! That wasn't my question. If you  re-read my question, I wanted to know how to use it, capaeesh?  Since I sent the earlier note, I had already
sorted things out.

And if you re-read  above ^ that I had sorted things out, meaning I figured it out. Your comment to re-read the double click on it was not necessary

I have concerns about your "Professional attitude" and "condescending"  responses to me.  The re-read response you made was uncalled for especially when
I mentioned earlier, that I sorted things out and know what or how to use that reg key. Yes, I double click on it just like any other windows registry key. I know how
to use regedit. I use to write code in Basic, Fortran and C++ so I do know that much about the reg key.

I am a 72 year old retired Navy Viet-Nam vet and believe I deserve a little more dignified responses then what you throw at me as of late.......
I ask questions 'cause I bought one of your products and needed help. Is this not the place to ask them? If not, then where?
I get the feeling you are the sole creator of this KMEM product as you seem to respond to each of my questions and no other person does.
I appreciate your prompt response time but not so much of your  excoriating responses.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 05:40:23 pm by Butch »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 09:54:13 pm »
And if you re-read  above ^ that I had sorted things out, meaning I figured it out. Your comment to re-read the double click on it was not necessary

Yes it was. Your "sorted things out" reply came AFTER my  "Just double-click on it" reply so it was your "If you  re-read my question, I wanted to know how to use it, capaeesh?" comment which wasn't  necessary, on top of being a bit rude.

Yes, I double click on it just like any other windows registry key. I know how to use regedit. I use to write code in Basic, Fortran and C++ so I do know that much about the reg key.

Your first question was:

So I replied to it. Very simple.

I am a 72 year old retired Navy Viet-Nam vet and believe I deserve a little more dignified responses then what you throw at me as of late.......

That doesn't give you the right to use such terms:

how to use it, capaeesh?  

Didn't think it would be necessary to flag what I found offensive in Bold, but apparently is.

I ask questions 'cause I bought one of your products and needed help. Is this not the place to ask them? If not, then where?

It obviously is, but in a correct and civil matter, without hinting that I should "re-read" your question, when the correct answer to your "how to use it" question was already in my FIRST reply.

I only explained more than what you asked, adding both where to find the file, and what it does (saves you from typing the serial manually), trying to be as thorough as possible.

I get the feeling you are the sole creator of this KMEM product as you seem to respond to each of my questions and no other person does.

I'm only partially involved with KMEM, since I'm no scenery designer. I'm only the owner of FSDT and I also do support. The scenery designers are really too busy doing actual sceneries, and support is not their job.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 09:56:28 pm by virtuali »

Butch

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 10:22:48 pm »
Okay,

Let's just just call a truce here and I will step up and apologize here. Life if just too short.

Fair enough?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 10:30:26 pm »
Let's just just call a truce here and I will step up and apologize here. Life if just too short.

Sure, and enjoy the sim, too!