Author Topic: couatl Not Starting - Error Message **SOLVED**--Not So fast, Sort of...  (Read 4239 times)

canadagoose

This couatl software is becoming a real pain in the You Know What. I'm spending more time on these forums than I am Flight simming. It really should not have to come down to this! But it is what it is I guess. When loading FSX at about the 80% point I get an error message saying that an unknown app is not allowing couatl to start. I would attach the log but I am only allowd 20000 characters so here is a partial log file, not sure what you need or where to get this log, BTW I have already downloaded and reinstalled the Standalone Addon Manager and still the same result:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 73, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 826, in do
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'gsx'
{}
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 06:59:01 pm by canadagoose »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: couatl Not Starting - Error Message
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 10:37:29 am »
I'm spending more time on these forums than I am Flight simming. It really should not have to come down to this!

This issue has been already discussed on the forum, and it happened because you must have disabled GSX from its menu, see here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15120.msg110033.html#msg110033

canadagoose

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 05:26:11 pm »
OK, I probably did not have to do this but I uninstalled GSX and reinstalled. Everything seems to be showing up under the FSX Addons again. The only problem I have, continues to be the GSX settings for sound. The menu shows "no audio". When I click on the drop down, it shows my audio setup, but does not allow me to click on it. The apply button comes alive and I can click that, then OK. My audio is still not recognized when I go into FSX. All GSX functions work, but no sound.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 09:38:09 pm »
When I click on the drop down, it shows my audio setup, but does not allow me to click on it. The apply button comes alive and I can click that, then OK. My audio is still not recognized when I go into FSX. All GSX functions work, but no sound.

GSX doesn't try to interface with any of your audio devices directly. It uses OpenAL, which is a standard audio programming interface which is used by many games. If there's a problem with OpenAL support with your audio device or drivers, it will surely affect audio in GSX, which is simply reporting what OpenAL is telling to it.

Try first after a Windows restart.

If that doesn't work, try removing the preferences file here:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatladdons.ini

canadagoose

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 05:44:42 am »
When I click on the drop down, it shows my audio setup, but does not allow me to click on it. The apply button comes alive and I can click that, then OK. My audio is still not recognized when I go into FSX. All GSX functions work, but no sound.

GSX doesn't try to interface with any of your audio devices directly. It uses OpenAL, which is a standard audio programming interface which is used by many games. If there's a problem with OpenAL support with your audio device or drivers, it will surely affect audio in GSX, which is simply reporting what OpenAL is telling to it.

Try first after a Windows restart.

If that doesn't work, try removing the preferences file here:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatladdons.ini

Deleting the .ini file seems to have solved the sound problem. I am now able to choose my audio under the sound settings for GSX. I tested it and can now hear GSX specific sound. The Addon menu is back to normal now. I would also like to apologize for any negativity I may have expressed in this forum. You have been extremely patient and helpful.         

canadagoose

Re: couatl Not Starting - Error Message **SOLVED**--Not So fast, Sort of...
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 06:57:35 pm »
"Deleting the .ini file seems to have solved the sound problem."

This does solve the problem, but ONLY IF I delete and rebuild the .ini file before every FSX session. What I mean is I have full access to all couatl \GSX\Addon Manager functions within FSX, but when I finished my session I went into %APPDATA%\Roaming\Virtuali and checked the CouatlAddons.ini file and this is what the file contains:

[common]

[liveupdate]
last_check = 1487302531.09
major_version_installed = "98031e-4-5478d6ee4c300"
major_version_ignore = "98031e-4-5478d6ee4c300"
live_version_installed = "9801cc-b5a38-548675bfb4550"
live_version_ignore = "9801cc-b5a38-548675bfb4550"

That's it. I restarted FSX and Addon Manager loads but I do not see GSX in the FSX Addon menu. To get full functionality back I have to manually delete the ini file every time I start FSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 11:20:50 am »
Reinstall GSX after removing the .INI file.

canadagoose

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 07:47:56 pm »
Everything seems to be working OK now, that includes all aspects of couatl, GSX sound etc. I did not reinstall, but instead used an ini file I had previously backed up.