Author Topic: Error after installing SA ADDON Manager **SOLVED**  (Read 3556 times)

Juergen2

Error after installing SA ADDON Manager **SOLVED**
« on: February 06, 2017, 12:21:23 pm »
Hi,
I installed the newest stand alone addon manager and now I see the following message when I load FSX-steam edition:
"Simconnect does not answer more than 50sec. Open the configure tool and correctly select the version of a simulator. Continue or cancel?" (see screenshot)
If I select "YES" everything appears normal.
The actual loading/opening of the simulator takes much longer than before (I assume, due to the message above).
I don't know which "configure tool" is referred to in the message????
https://www.flickr.com/photos/141330124@N05/shares/y1f4cg
Thanks for help
Juergen Mader
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 02:29:15 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Error after installing SA ADDON Manager
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 12:34:23 pm »
I installed the newest stand alone addon manager and now I see the following message when I load FSX-steam edition: "Simconnect does not answer more than 50sec.

This problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, it's a message coming from Ezdok camera:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/simconnect-does-not-answer-more-than-50-seconds_topic54601.html

The configurator tool the message refers to, is the one that comes with Ezdok. And yes, I have a least one user confirming that, he also assumed the crash was caused by GSX, but it was caused by a problem with Ezdok and it was fixed by reinstalling it.

Juergen2

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 09:54:55 pm »
Umberto,
I have resolved the "simconnect does not respond more then 50 seconds" issue with flight one software and I am no longer receiving this message.
However, I noticed that since installing the latest sa addon manager from fsdt my FSX-SE load time has more than trippled:
From Start to get to the FSX-SE home screen used to be approx 20 to 30 sec; it takes now 1min 45sec. Is there anything I can do to speed up the loading process?
Thanks for help
Juergen Mader

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 11:17:36 am »
However, I noticed that since installing the latest sa addon manager from fsdt my FSX-SE load time has more than trippled

That's because you haven't update to the latest version, as discussed in the threat named "FSX-SE taking longer to start with GSX installed **SOLVED**

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15076.msg109862.html#msg109862

Juergen2

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 10:53:59 am »
Umberto,
I read your reply, however it is not clear -at least to me-.
I followed the lengthy thread and concluded that there is a new dll.xml file available?? Or in your reply is the "latest version" the LATEST STAND ALONE ADDON MANAGER with a new dll.xml included???? If it is the later, would it be possible to post a link to that newest? :o
Thanks for help
Juergen Mader

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 01:02:00 pm »
I followed the lengthy thread and concluded that there is a new dll.xml file available?? Or in your reply is the "latest version" the LATEST STAND ALONE ADDON MANAGER with a new dll.xml included???? If it is the later, would it be possible to post a link to that newest?

It's bglmanx.dll, not dll.xml, and it's downloaded automatically whenever you install anything from FSDT, either the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, or GSX or any scenery so, to get it, just run any one installer again.

Juergen2

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 02:27:00 pm »
Umberto,
YES!!!!!
That did it . Load time to FSX home screen: 17sec (down from 1min 45sec)
Thanks for help
Juergen Mader