Author Topic: Couatl failure after latest update  (Read 4510 times)

wedge

Couatl failure after latest update
« on: February 02, 2017, 09:04:01 pm »
Hello.

I've apparently some issues since the latest version of GSX got released, wanted to take advantage of it, I've updated it and since then Couatl is now crashing the a few second after loading at an airport. Usually I see the Airport cache loaded, and then one or two seconds later the crash information, and the log which I'll add below.

This latest test I've made was at an airport which is not an addon (default FSX LFQQ), and with the default Cessna 172 as I wanted to make sure it was not another addon that started the problem.

I'm using FSX Steam Edition and here is the log :
Code: [Select]
couatl v3.1 (build 3625)
panic log started on Thu Feb 02 21:02:10 2017

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{'Airport': 'LFQQ', 'User Pos': (50.571913889001955, 3.1082249999836007, 48.9882 m, 1.13519 m, 348.53524729040737)}

Thanks for the help.

Aurelien

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl failure after latest update
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 09:08:56 pm »
I tried exactly the same airport and airplane, and cannot see any problems. Try removing the airport cache manually, to see if it fixes the problem, by removing this folder:

%PROGRAMDATA\Virtuali\Couatl

wedge

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 09:23:06 pm »
Ok thanks for the idea, but unfortunately it does not change the issue. I see that it recreated the folder you asked me to remove, but then same error and crash of couatl.

Code: [Select]
couatl v3.1 (build 3625)
panic log started on Thu Feb 02 21:26:48 2017

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{'Airport': 'LFQQ', 'User Pos': (50.57191388900564, 3.1082249999811578, 48.9882 m, 1.13519 m, 348.5352500589122)}

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 09:52:20 pm »
Ok thanks for the idea, but unfortunately it does not change the issue. I see that it recreated the folder you asked me to remove, but then same error and crash of couatl.

Try to reinstall GSX.

wedge

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 10:21:10 pm »
ok just tried but I think the issue is different after removing GSX and running FSX SE again, the error persist, of course I did not uninstall the couatl engine as I alsoo have some airports addons that are using it. Unles you want me to really remove everything using Couatl and the addons manager before reinstalling them all ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 10:31:02 pm »
Unles you want me to really remove everything using Couatl and the addons manager before reinstalling them all ?

It shouldn't make any difference, since the installer updates everything it needs to be updated. If you want to do a clean install, you can reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager" and "Do you want to remove the Couatl scripting engine" which are made at the end of the Uninstaller.

If you want to do a MORE clean reinstall, you can remove all your personal preferences (so be careful, because this will remove all your airplane and airport customizations), by removing the following folders:

%PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl
%APPDATA%\Virtuali

Then reinstall again with the current GSX Full installer.

wedge

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 10:39:32 pm »
Ok well I don't have any spectific preferences yet so it should be okay. IT's late so I'll try tomorrow reinstalling again, and if it does not work removing it and removing the two folders you told me. And then reinstalling and will let you know.

jk23

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 05:20:51 am »
I'm getting the same error code in P3D

Fresh install after new build. Seems to only be happening with all Flightbeam and GSX. All antivirus is off. When I go back and uninstall the last scenery that caused it and reinstall the Addon Manager it will fix it until another scenery goes through that causes the issue. Seems to be during install as the installer says some files can not be updated. Hangs around the Liveupdate...pye section.

Edit- Was able to disable XPOI addon before the next couatl crash and reset, and started fine. Never purchased XPOI
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 05:37:13 am by jk23 »

bilookhan

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 05:49:11 am »
Hi,
I am also getting the same error after running the latest Couatl Update.
I have a co-existing FSX-SE.
I installed latest addon Manager and Re-installed GSX over existing installation. I was able to successfully register SODE platform but I still get the same error message after I load the airport and airport cache is built: "There is a script that is attempting to restart COUATL etc"

I have attached the log.
If anyone can help that would be appreciated.
Thank you

wedge

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2017, 09:48:29 am »
Ok so I'm back in business, I actually took advantage of jk23 posts as I also saw the activation of XPOI demo, so as I was in the sate where I had removed GSX, I removed the XPOI folder and then started FSX and it would not get any couatl crash anymore. And in the same way I had never purchased it download the demo or anything.

So I then reinstalled GSX with the full installer, and now it seems to be working just fine.

So I guess there is something in the XPOI part that is broken, I've kept the XPOI folder so I can send it's content to you if yuou need it as it is very small, but it really looks like to be the root of the issue I had.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2017, 12:39:52 pm »
after I load the airport and airport cache is built: "There is a script that is attempting to restart COUATL etc"

I have attached the log.
+

Why you converted the Log file into a Word file ( I don't have Word, sorry, I was able to barely read it by opening it with Wordpad ), when you could have attached just the Log itself ???

In any case, the log indicates you had FSDT CYVR installed, but you must have removed it, so the program is trying to start, but cannot find all its files, because you removed them. This will be fixed by reinstalling CYVR.