Author Topic: GSX 1.9.9.11 - Major update  (Read 134024 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX 1.9.9.11 - Major update
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2017, 02:14:44 am »
As is often the case, denial runs rampant. It is our software, our add ons, our system. Anything but the developers fault. At this point I think most of us know better.

This was totally unnecessary. Do you realize you are contradicting yourself here ?

I realize all systems are different,

YES, exactly, all systems are different, which is why your "denial runs rampant" was really uncalled for, as if you were trying to say we can SEE this problem on our systems, yet we are "denying" it exists ?

Do you think we would be crazy uploading something we know had such problem, if we really noticed it ? Or that we haven't tested it ? We maybe made a mistake of not doing some Public Beta, like with the previous update.

But even then, after more than a month of public Beta, with hundreds of people downloading it, were we were reasonably sure there were no problems, after it was released officially, we got a whole new set of issues that nobody reported before, which were (of course) ALL fixed in this version.

It seems we as consumers may have to work to help each other.

Which exactly the opposite of what is happening, instead. It's 2:13 AM in the night, it's Sunday, and I'm offering to HELP with Teamviewer, in addition to replying to all posts to "deny"...

mrbill55

« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2017, 03:29:06 am »
My my, aren't we defensive. As I stated in another post I tried the install on 3 separate computers with different OS. The result was the same; no install!
So, my question remains; regardless of cause or fault, why not once again offer the prior version which worked perfectly and just might make a lot of people happy.

Or you can just complain about different points of view. The fact remains; numerous people cannot install, and have lost use of a product they paid for.

Bill C.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2017, 03:46:20 am »
Or you can just complain about different points of view. The fact remains; numerous people cannot install, and have lost use of a product they paid for.

I'm having the first Teamviewer session right now and (in this case it was P3D, crash on start) and it turned out to be FSUIPC, and it's something that Pete Dowson seems to be aware of.

As soon as I disabled FSUIPC, everything started to work again.

Scotty

« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2017, 04:37:42 am »
Umberto,

Please continue the great work and the great support.

Thanks

Scott

Noel

« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2017, 08:30:45 am »
Something nasty happened after installing EITHER the Hawaiian Airports OR this Major update 1.9.9.11.  The long and short of it was I ended up, after a stable complete install of P3D w/ multiple add ons since 9/2015, with a complete format and restore off of a cloned copy of my C:\ drive where OS & P3D reside, done not too long ago, so it's quite up-to-date.   The changes made in GSX might be great I don't know, but some things have changed and I'm really bent on keeping things the same.  This is why I haven't upgraded P3D beyond 3.0.  I'm wondering if maybe the Major update has issues w/ P3D 3.0, or maybe the Hawaiian Airports.  One or the other created a conflict w/ the PMDG 777, apparently that is the only plane that was having this particular problem.  The NGX wasn't having the issue, nor the Majestic Dash 8 nor RA Turbine Duke.  Resintalling the 777 didn't fix the issue, not did uninstalling the airports.  I don't believe there was a way to revert to a former version of the Object Flow model, so I think perhaps that is what messed me up w/the 777.  Who knows!

In any case my long-winded question is simply:  How can I turn OFF the notifications that a 'new version of the Object Flow model' or whatever it is that gets GSX updated, so that it stop's displaying when P3D initializes?  I don't want to accidentally install it, I'd like to keep everything exactly as it is currently.  But I would like to get those Hawaiian Airports back!

Thank you I really enjoy GSX and have for ages.  I've got it working great w/ FSCaptain and really hate to disturb anything that does what I want it to do.

rzi2001

« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2017, 11:04:13 am »
Hello. it also crashing for me when starting P3D.
My Configuration:

Core I5-4690 CPU 3,5GHz
8GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 960, Driver 376.33
W10 Home 64 bit, latest release, all Updates installed
Lockheed Martin P3D Client Version 3.4.14.18870

The AppCrashView logged this:

Version=1
EventType=APPCRASH

TargetAppVer=2016//10//27:17:31:14!6cc50!Prepar3D.exe

Sig[1].Value=3.4.14.18870
Sig[2].Name=Anwendungszeitstempel
Sig[2].Value=581239e2
Sig[3].Name=Fehlermodulname
Sig[3].Value=bglmanx.dll

I resolved the Problem:
first uninstall GSX and addonmanager then install the gsx_fsx_setup Version 1.9.9.10 or older (easy unplug the networkconnector and follow Installation instructions).
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 12:04:22 pm by rzi2001 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2017, 11:15:40 am »
Hello. it also crashing for me when starting P3D.

Please contact me in private to arrange a Teamviewer session, because it's the only way I could see what's the problem in your case, since we are still unable to reproduce it in any way.

Dexadrinne

« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2017, 12:49:30 pm »
I also have issues with Hotfix 3
If i install GSX with latest installer it starts then minimises and P3d wont show GUI
But remains active in task manager.

If i uninstall GSX and other bits i can start P3d normally.
If i install just an airport like KLAS P3d wont start. Uninstall KLAS and it starts normally.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2017, 12:53:30 pm »
I also have issues with Hotfix 3
If i install GSX with latest installer it starts then minimises and P3d wont show GUI But remains active in task manager.

This looks exactly like the problem I experienced with another user on Teamviewer, and it's caused by FSUIPC (which is not fully compatible with P3D Hotfix 3 ) and this has been acknowledged by Pete Dowson, a discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15070.msg109639.html#msg109639

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/82771-p3d-crash-on-startup-or-on-exit-with-fsuipc-enabled/

mrbill55

« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2017, 09:30:34 pm »
Hello again. I never meant to upset anyone, I am just working on a solution to this problem; very frustrating. By the way, for me it is now 12:15 pm so I hope it is not 2am for anyone :)

Anyway, I think we are on the right track. I have FSX. I tried installing the latest update by first removing fsuipc. Guess what; it installed and works. I replaced the fsuipc file back into
FSX and it all still works. My problem now is I am afraid to try it on my main computer with 100Gigs of stuff and risk losing anything. I am curious why during testing that this issue did not stand out? Was fsuipc not on the systems or is it only an issue with random systems? I also noticed that if Stand alone addon mgr and vehicle update is used instead of full install, the new fuel truck etc does not show. Full install is needed. Is this just my experience or is there a reason? I updated from version 1.9.9.5

Hope this really is the answer

Bill C.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2017, 09:46:52 pm »
Anyway, I think we are on the right track. I have FSX. I tried installing the latest update by first removing fsuipc. Guess what; it installed and works. I replaced the fsuipc file back into  FSX and it all still works.

Glad to hear that.

My problem now is I am afraid to try it on my main computer with 100Gigs of stuff and risk losing anything.

You won't ever lose anything. Anytime you suspect a module might cause a problem, you should just disabled it from the XML files, without touching anything else.

I am curious why during testing that this issue did not stand out? Was fsuipc not on the systems or is it only an issue with random systems?

The FSUIPC issue is mainly a P3D issue, but I see the random "bad .dll" from FSUIPC a couple of times in FSX too. It seems to be mostly random, but in some way related to the "trust this module" question FSX makes, when trusting a newly updated program that has been just updated, and this is triggering some kind of old FSX bug because, sometimes it simply goes away by itself, sometimes just by updating the module again (even with no real changes), just to force FSX to re-trust it.

I also noticed that if Stand alone addon mgr and vehicle update is used instead of full install, the new fuel truck etc does not show. Full install is needed. Is this just my experience or is there a reason? I updated from version 1.9.9.5

Yes, that's entirely expected. The new Fuel truck which was released in December, required a Full GSX installe ( 1.9.9.10 at that time ). After you are on this one, you can then update GSX just with the Stand-Alone Addon Manager and the vehicle Updates, but you cannot jump from 1.9.9.5 to 1.9.9.11 directly that way, only with the full 1.9.9.11 installer.

SmittyBRS

« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2017, 03:40:26 am »
The upgrade of GSX has resulted in the blocking of all FsDreamTeam and FlightBeam programs including, GSX, AddonManager, KFLL, KORD and KPHX and KDEN.

I am aware that your team has been unable to replicate the failure, but I can assure you that the upgrade instructions included were followed to the tee! I can also assure you that Virus and/or Firewall has the necessary exclusions to allow the program(s) to communicate. I can assure you that ALL programs and even the DeskTop Icons to call them are run in Admin mode. The UAC on the computer has been removed, but I still designate Admin when installing new software. I can also assure you that despite never even hearing of your XPOI program, I have removed the entries I located in the FSDreamTeam directory tree. I use the unregistered current version of FSUIPC and have never had a problem.

I have removed and/or reinstalled GSX and the AddonManager more times than I care to remember. I even located the original 2016 setup program and tried to revert back to the OLD BUT GREAT previous version.

There have been no FSX failures and/or messages that I can recall only the absence of the GSX program and the AddOn Manager in my menus.

My System: FSX + Acceleration, WIN7X64, Intel Core i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60GHz

I have MANY addons installed on the machine including REX4 Texture Direct with Soft Clouds and REX WorldWide airports HD. Also many ORBX FTX Global, LC and Airports plus FTXCentral, FTX Vector and ORBX A/C. Use ActiveSky 2016 and ActiveSky Cloud Art for WX.

My observation, although I know nothing about computer programming, is that until I installed the GSX upgrade, everything worked! As much as I like the GSX program, I will gladly do without it if only my previously installed FSDreamTeam and FlightBeam scenery (plus perhaps yet unidentified programs that depend on the engine) once again function.

I've spent many hours scouring the FORUM for suggestions but alas NO JOY!

I'm confused, frustrated and old......Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. If a HOT FIX, revised U/G or end user procedure is published, please advise.

Thanks

B Richard Smith

« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 01:10:29 pm by SmittyBRS »

Monty1

« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2017, 12:10:52 pm »
Hello again. I never meant to upset anyone, I am just working on a solution to this problem; very frustrating. By the way, for me it is now 12:15 pm so I hope it is not 2am for anyone :)

Anyway, I think we are on the right track. I have FSX. I tried installing the latest update by first removing fsuipc. Guess what; it installed and works. I replaced the fsuipc file back into
FSX and it all still works. My problem now is I am afraid to try it on my main computer with 100Gigs of stuff and risk losing anything. I am curious why during testing that this issue did not stand out? Was fsuipc not on the systems or is it only an issue with random systems? I also noticed that if Stand alone addon mgr and vehicle update is used instead of full install, the new fuel truck etc does not show. Full install is needed. Is this just my experience or is there a reason? I updated from version 1.9.9.5

Hope this really is the answer

Bill C.

Hello Bill

What version of FSUIPC are you using?

I am using an older version (FSUIPC version 4.949g) and am reluctant to try the latest version for FSX in case it make the already problems worse.

Windows 7 Home 64bit
Crucial 525GB MX300 2.5-inch SSD
2TB Master Hard Drive
Intel Core i7 4+4 Core 2600K 3.4Ghz 8MB L3 CACHE - ThermalTake Contac29 Cooler
AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB PCI-E 3.0 Ready Graphics - FSX - GSX - FS Cabin Crew - ASN SP5

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2017, 01:17:27 pm »
There have been no FSX failures and/or messages that I can recall only the absence of the GSX program and the AddOn Manager in my menus.

This means your problem doesn't have anything to do with what has been discussed here for the most part, which were crashes with error message and issues with FSUIPC or other addons.

Yours is just a "missing menus" problem, which is entirely different, and commonly caused by the antivirus blocking the installation.

This thread here list many possible reason for the missing menus problem:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,8428.msg68872.html#msg68872

If you tried all of them, and nothing works, then please contact me in private to arrange a Teamviewer session, so I can have a look at your system

mrbill55

« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2017, 10:33:50 pm »
I am using FSUIPC version 4.9.4.9. I just installed the latest GSX update into my main computer with FSUIPC removed. It installed just fine. I am noticing one problem at
this time. I cannot activate De Icing. I have tried default 737 PMDG 747. Outside temp set at 5 degrees F. Dew at 30 F  but no prompts for de icing at pushback. Not sure
why. The de icing points show on the aircraft custom screen.  Also this is the case on both systems, so it is not an install problem. Everything else works.  Any ideas welcome.

Bill C