Author Topic: GSX 1.9.9.11 - Major update  (Read 133950 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
GSX 1.9.9.11 - Major update
« on: February 02, 2017, 05:53:03 pm »
GSX version 1.9.11 has been released, with several new features, and lots of reported bugs fixed. Here's the list of changes:

- Icing conditions detection more realistic, now based on Temperature + Dew Point.
- Deicing pads added to Zurich and O'Hare.
- Refueling starts by filling wings tanks first, then the central ones and finally externals.
- Preset Fuel quantities indicated in USGAL and Lb/Kg (depending on International settings).
- Automatic detection of 3rd party progressive refuel simulation made optional in GSX - Settings.
- Support for Prepar3D 3.4.22 (Hotfix 3).
- Support for the PMDG 747-400 V3.
- Don't remove PMDG Ground Equipment around the airplane by default.
- Airplane Configuration: Don't display traffic cones if engine z < -100 meters. Used by the Concorde.
- New Ground Operators added: Aegean, Air Asia, Brussels South Charleroi, EVA Air. REQUIRES Downloading the Vehicles Update or the Full GSX Installer.
- More precise collision detection at KMEM.
- Bugfix: Refueling not stopping anymore when quantity requested exceeded the tanker capacity and the "Multiple Trips" option was disabled.
- Bugfix: Departure (PushBack) queuing.
- Bugfix: Random operators appearing when parking has no codes.
- Bugfix: Progressive refueling requested by custom aircraft system, activated only if aircraft is parked.

To install the new update, you have two options:

- Download the latest Full installer, which contains everything.

OR

- Download the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager and the latest Vehicles Update from the GSX page.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 05:54:43 pm by virtuali »

DaveCT2003

• Online Virtual Pilots Association
Re: GSX 1.9.9.11 - Major update
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 06:34:39 pm »
Thank you Umberto, so very much!  I'm extremely happy and encouraged to see these updates to GSX!

1. Will it be possible for third party scenery developers (including Freeware Scenery Developers) to trigger (or set the flag) for completion of Anti-Icing?  I ask because there are sceneries that have working Deicing Stations, and they could be easily integrated with GSX and if we had the ability to trigger the COMPLETION of the Deicing Procedure. Of course I'll be that you've provided this ability via the User Interface (F12 Key), but I thought it would be great to have this done automatically as well.

Example of the above:  The Freeware Philadelphia (KPHL) Airport Scenery from SunSkyJet has 5 or 6 large Deicing Stations in the vicinity of the entrance to runway 09L. They work very well, and start automatically once the aircraft is taxied into position, and the Deicing procedure stops once a given amount of time has elapsed - and we could use this to trigger the completion of the Deicing procedure ion GSX.

2. I was very much hoping for the ability to setup airports (example: Remove rear stairs at all gates) without first having to start the sim and launch an aircraft to the airport.  Is this on a list for a future update?

flaviossa

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 06:35:51 pm »
Hi, Umberto, thanks for the update. Unfortunately, the full installer is not recognizing my FSX-SE instalation. (The previous gsx installer was) It only recognizes the p3d v3 ....22 version as the image below:
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/02/02/Clipboard02d2670.jpg

Previous GSX installers works perfectly with FSX-SE as can be seen with the previous full installer screen below:
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/02/02/Clipboard034.jpg

I have P3Dv3.4.22 and FSX-SE installed in my computer.
Any hint?
Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 07:15:36 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 06:41:58 pm »
Unfortunately, the full installer is not recognizing my FSX-SE instalation. (The previous gsx installer was)

The previous installer still had problems detecting corrupted registry keys for FSX:SE, the new installer is supposed to FIX this, and recognize all possible combination of faulty FSX:SE installations but, apparently, yours is a case there we couldn't anticipate.

It's no use trying to fix this on the forum. Contact me in private, to arrange a Teamviewer session, because I really need to have a look at your system.

fabristunt

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 07:10:09 pm »
- Support for the PMDG 747-400 V3.

Hi Umberto,
GSX doesn't recognise the 747's wheel chocks. It keeps asking for the parking brakes. This is not the case with the 737. Anything you can do?
I uninstalled GSX and reinstalled it with the new full installer.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 07:19:43 pm »
GSX doesn't recognise the 747's wheel chocks. It keeps asking for the parking brakes. This is not the case with the 737. Anything you can do?

If GSX ask for the parking brake, then just set the parking brake so, this is not a bug. Yes, of course GSX can support some airplanes to use Wheelchocks instead of the parking brakes, but it's not something editable in the aircraft configuration editor (yet).

In any case, the configuration for the new PMDG 747 is NOT considered final, since we still need to get some support from PMDG, in order to add a proper Bypass simulation, which another system GSX can do, but requires support from the airplane.

We are already in contact with PMDG about this.

fabristunt

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 07:26:50 pm »
Roger that Umberto. I'll wait for the final version.
You may also want to revise the fuel point, as the fuel truck is going under the airplane and not the wing. I'll change it myself, but a working default solution wouldn't be bad.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 07:34:57 pm »
You may also want to revise the fuel point, as the fuel truck is going under the airplane and not the wing. I'll change it myself, but a working default solution wouldn't be bad.

The fuel point is already correct in the configuration that comes by default with this update.

The only possible reason why you still have it in the default position, is that you already made or downloaded a custom config for it, which has the fuel point wrong, so you must remove it, because custom configurations always take precedence over the internal one.

fabristunt

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2017, 07:41:20 pm »
I have been messing around with it this afternoon. I was under the impression that uninstalling it would clear everything out, that's the only reason i did it. I've corrected it manually now. Thanks.

Rikypara

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2017, 07:45:06 pm »
Hi Umberto,
Why does it say "last updated 4-gen-17"? Is this one I should download?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 07:48:18 pm »
I have been messing around with it this afternoon. I was under the impression that uninstalling it would clear everything out, that's the only reason i did it. I've corrected it manually now. Thanks.

Uninstalling will never remove your own custom configurations, that's normal.

Maybe we could add a "Clean Uninstall" option in future versions of the installer, with a clear warning that doing this would remove all your custom configurations that might that might have taken lots of time to do, and you couldn't find anywhere else so, it's a potentially dangerous option.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2017, 08:14:28 pm »
Why does it say "last updated 4-gen-17"? Is this one I should download?

That's just your browser still not detecting the page has been updated (press F5). However, the download link is surely the correct one.

Ghostrider114

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2017, 08:18:10 pm »
The Stand Alone Addon Manager is not detecting my FSX:SE install

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2017, 08:26:34 pm »
The Stand Alone Addon Manager is not detecting my FSX:SE install

As I said in a previous post, the previous installer still had problems detecting corrupted registry keys for FSX:SE, but the new installer is supposed to FIX this, and recognize all possible combination of faulty FSX:SE installations but, apparently, yours is a case there we couldn't anticipate.

It's no use trying to fix this on the forum. Contact me in private, to arrange a Teamviewer session, because I really need to have a look at your system.

Airshinx_13

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2017, 08:51:46 pm »
From the looks of it, i also have a corrupted FSX:SE registry since i get the issue the other two users are getting. I managed to get away with adding the directory manually, but wish that it could be fixed in the future, maybe.
Reynaldo Rodriguez
Philadelphia, PA
VATSIM ZNY S3