Author Topic: GSX Couatl.exe Error with FSX CRASH while flying over certain Scenerys AFCAD  (Read 3885 times)

CaptainDuke

Hello,

have a long time always the same problems with the Couatl engine.
FSX Crash with ERROR news about the couatl.exe file.
Have these problems always only by reinstalling the GSX and ADM can repair in time.
I guess the live update process is faulty.

How do I update this software without permanent problems?
Please explain the entire installation process and the necessary system cleanup procedures.

Greetings, Bernd

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
FSX Crash with ERROR news about the couatl.exe file.

Why you titled this thread about certain sceneries AFCAD, without indicating which sceneries and which AFCAD you are referring to ? If you are sure it's only happening with some sceneries, you should have provided with the relevant informations about them, otherwise it's not obviously possible for us to even *start* investigating it, let alone fix it,.

Have these problems always only by reinstalling the GSX and ADM can repair in time.

It's not possible this problem could be fixed by reinstalling, since the files are always the same and they surely don't "rot" overtime.

I guess the live update process is faulty.

No, it's not. If you think this is happening only on certain sceneries, it might be possible, but it cannot caused by the update, let alone fixed by reinstalling it.

How do I update this software without permanent problems?

Depending how old your last full installation or not, it might be enough to just follow the automatic update notifications, or not. But of course, this is always indicated in the Release Notes that you are offered to read before doing an update.

The last big update, which required downloading and installing the Full installer, happened Dec. 20th 2016, so you must start from this. After that one, we only had minor fixes which could be applied without exiting from the sim.

Please explain the entire installation process and the necessary system cleanup procedures.

It's not obviously possible to explain the entire installation process, but of course, it installs everything it needs for the software to operate correctly. If you want to do a clean install, you can reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager" and "Do you want to remove the Couatl scripting engine" which are made at the end of the Uninstaller.

If you want to do a MORE clean reinstall, you can remove all your personal preferences (so be careful, because this will remove all your airplane and airport customizations), by removing the following folders:

%PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl
%APPDATA%\Virtuali

THEN REINSTALL WITH THE FULL INSTALLER

CaptainDuke

Hello,

The installation process I have already done right. I can not set a particular scenery here,
because it always appears at other co-ordinates. I just know,
I've been running FSX-ERRORS for a long time with the event reports:

Name of corrupted application: couatl.exe, version: 3.1.0.3577, time stamp: 0x584ec3d4
Name of the faulty module: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.14393.479, time stamp: 0x58256ca0
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Error Offset: 0x000d9d11
ID of the faulty process: 0x191c
Start time of faulty application: 0x01d27b38726b1569
Path of corrupted application: E: \ Program Files \ Microsoft Games \ fsdreamteam \ couatl \ couatl.exe
Path of the faulty module: C: \ WINDOWS \ SYSTEM32 \ ntdll.dll
Report identification: 151f6521-f064-445c-9544-abf2661f137b
Full name of the corrupted package:
Application ID that is relative to the failed package:

Here is also a problem with the system module "ntdll.dll
"Do not know how I can fix these errors.

Greetings, Bernd

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
The installation process I have already done right. I can not set a particular scenery here, because it always appears at other co-ordinates.

If you have logging enabled in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings, in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG file, you might find some lines saying which scenery you were flying over.