Author Topic: Dallas fails to install  (Read 6278 times)

nekeroom

Dallas fails to install
« on: January 20, 2017, 02:57:07 pm »
 >:( When I try to Install either Dallas FW or JFK airport I get a message saying unable to move file Users / Local / Temp/ls-01rpp.tmp \offline\cuartl.ex . If I ignore this to attempt to install the program GSX no longer works properly . Any ideas please

nekeroom

Re: Dallas fails to install
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 04:08:59 pm »
Screen shot attached

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 02:33:05 pm »
That seems to be an antivirus issue, which might have removed the installation files in your Windows temporary directory, while the installation was still going.

First, try to restart Windows.

Then DISABLE the antivirus while installing and, configure it to exclude the whole simulator folder before launching it again.

nekeroom

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 11:55:14 am »
Have tried with anti virus disabled when installing but still get same message so aborted install/ Any further ideas . The directory it is trying to move does not appear after I abort installation. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 02:33:20 pm »
The directory it is trying to move does not appear after I abort installation. 

That's precisely because your antivirus has removed it while installation was still going on. Lots of users don't realize they have more than one security program running at the same time, and some antivirus are so bugged, that they continue to work even if they appears to be disabled.

nekeroom

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 05:21:43 pm »
Yes but I had disabled my anti virus and my windows defender . Will try again now and can confirm both are turned off before I start installation retrying and has still failed the directory and file have not been deleted and are where the install says it is trying to rename / move the file from . The file is in Users_kenm_500/Appdata/Local/Temp/is-vV90MC.temp. It only disappears when I abort the install process. Then it gets erased. Any further ideas which do not blame my anti virus .

nekeroom

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 05:40:35 pm »
Same thing happens with jfk Install trying to attach screenshots showing directory with file there and failure screen . File is only ereased afte I abort the install

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 11:34:02 am »
Same thing happens with jfk Install trying to attach screenshots showing directory with file there and failure screen . File is only ereased afte I abort the install

I'm sorry, but I can only repeat and confirm that something like this can only be cause by the an interference from another software, which is likely an antivirus or a similar highly invasive security product.

We surely don't remove our own temporary folder while installing, without even mentioning it's all handled automatically by the standard installer routine we use (Inno Setup), it's not even a code we have to deal with.