Author Topic: Proper parking at gate  (Read 4263 times)

safetyrob

Proper parking at gate
« on: January 05, 2017, 10:09:08 pm »
I am trying to park a 787-900 at gate D14 in FSX:SE.   The software parked it too far forward and the jetway will not properly attach.  How can I fix this?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 10:26:33 pm by safetyrob »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Proper parking at gate
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 10:52:15 pm »
With "the software", you mean the docking system activated from GSX ?

The scenery doesn't specifically support the 787, so it will use the default parking position, which mean the airplane reference point (as defined in the model), will be placed in the parking center (as defined in the AFCAD).

Which airplane you used, exactly ?

safetyrob

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 12:29:17 am »
I used a Freeware 787-900.  I did get e message from GSX statint the parking place was too small for the aircraft eventhough that aircraft is a Heavy and parks at that gate in real life.  Not sure whats up.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 12:48:25 am »
I used a Freeware 787-900.  I did get e message from GSX statint the parking place was too small for the aircraft eventhough that aircraft is a Heavy and parks at that gate in real life.  Not sure whats up.

Then you must have another scenery in conflict, since that gate IS an Heavy Gate in FSDT KDFW, and I just tested it with the 777 so, it's possible another AFCAD is in conflict, most likely one that comes with an AI Traffic package.

Try to search for every .BGL file not in the fsdreamteam\KDFW folder which has a name that might related to KDFW, and remove it. The GSX parking customization page will also tell you the name of the AFCAD in use.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 12:51:29 am by virtuali »

safetyrob

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 12:38:19 am »
Thank you for your help.  The only .BGL files are in FSDT for KDFW.  Also the AFCAD being used by GSX is AP_KDFW.BGL in the FSDT folder.   AM I missing something?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 08:07:08 pm »
Also the AFCAD being used by GSX is AP_KDFW.BGL in the FSDT folder. 

That's the correct AFCAD, and D14 parking in our AFCAD is Heavy with 44 meters of radius, so it's not possible a 787 won't fit there, since it has a 60 mt. wingspan, so it will fit in any parking with a radius of 30 mt. or more.

How's the radius in the GSX parking customization page ?