Author Topic: Plane and Scenery Dissappearing  (Read 2633 times)

bigdave

Plane and Scenery Dissappearing
« on: January 18, 2017, 07:58:10 pm »
I have installed the latest Add on Manager, and just recently installed the GSX 1.9 update. At some point during a flight, in sopt view, my plane will become invisible. The terminals at my airports will be partially invisible. I just flew into Fly Tampa's KBUF. When I switched to external view to park, My plane was not visible, neither were parts of the terminal I was parking at. I tried reloading the airport cache in the Coutali menu, as well restarting it, but neither worked....     

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Plane and Scenery Dissappearing
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 08:10:52 pm »
I tried reloading the airport cache in the Coutali menu, as well restarting it, but neither worked....

That's normal, since your problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX or Couatl.

bigdave

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 04:58:50 am »
Ok, do you have any idea what the problem is?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 10:39:15 am »
Ok, do you have any idea what the problem is?

If it happens while flying, the most probable explanation is that you are close to memory exhaustion, because too many memory-hungry addons ( which excludes GSX, since it runs under Couatl.exe, which has its own separate memory space, it doesn't take away from FSX ), so the video ram might have become corrupted as a result.

Or, maybe it's just a video driver issue, or a problem with a tweak you shouldn't have applied.

bigdave

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 02:35:52 pm »
I did recently install an upgrade to my Xtreme FSPS program that I run with FSX. In checking the performance tweaks, I did notice the High GPU Memory fix was unchecked. It did say without it, textures could disappear to conserve memory. Thank you for your diagnosis...