Author Topic: GSX & KLAS Airport  (Read 3854 times)

Bob G.

GSX & KLAS Airport
« on: January 18, 2017, 06:37:57 pm »
Sirs,

On January 14, 2017 I bought your KLAS airport and during installation I said "NO" to the pop-up asking "Do you want to download the current AFCADs"

I have updated my Addon Manager to V3.1.0.0 (1/14/2017) I did this so I could install your KLAS airport and update my GSX.

I installed the Full Version Installer of GSX (1/14/2017) to bring it up to date as well.

After all this I notice that while at KLAS Gate D12 with the PMDG 747-400 the jetway does not work, does this have anything to do with not installing the AFCADs. If not can you help me with this issue and maybe tell me what gates at KLAS have a working jetway?

Bob G.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX & KLAS Airport
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 09:41:22 pm »
After all this I notice that while at KLAS Gate D12 with the PMDG 747-400 the jetway does not work, does this have anything to do with not installing the AFCADs.

No, because if you downloaded the full installer now, the AFCAD that comes with it is the latest one, the downloaded would have been the same.

If not can you help me with this issue and maybe tell me what gates at KLAS have a working jetway?

All parking at KLAS with a visible jetway are animated.

Fact it doesn't move, doesn't necessarily mean there's a problem with the scenery, but depends which airplane you use, and where you parked it. D12 is a bit small for a 747, but I tried it using both the default A321 and the default B747-400, and it works fine, either by placing the plane with standard "Go To airport" command, or by using the GSX "Warp" feature, or by following the Docking system.

In any case, KLAS used the default FSX jetway animation system, and that's notoriously finicky, but we plan to switch to SODE for the pending update.

Bob G.

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 08:05:44 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Thanks for the help, I have tryed as you said by using the GSX by following the docking system after landing at KLAS and it worked but seems like it is finicky because if you start FSX with the KLAS airport and put yourself at gate D12 it does not work. When you say you plan to switch to SODE for the pending update is that an update to GSX or the KLAS airport?

Also, the gates at KLAS like terminal 2 gates 3, 4, & 5 for HEAVY aircraft like the PMDG 747-400 have so much default ground equipment all around that the GSX equipment is driving through and over that stuff, not nice to see.

Regards
Bob G.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 09:06:36 pm »
but seems like it is finicky because if you start FSX with the KLAS airport and put yourself at gate D12 it does not work.

You cannot say for sure if even the real jetway would work with that plane, on that gate, parked in the same position. The issue is, in the real world, every parking usually have a custom jetway with different measures, and the airplanes don't have so much flexibility how they will park, that's why Docking Systems exists.

Most of the times, they don't even move the jetway manually, not for the most of the movement: the operator just push a button with preset memories depending on the plane, then it switch to manual control only to do the final finer adjustments. That's because, by using a Docking system, the plane position can be very predictable.

In the sim, we might not always the the luxury of multiple jetway models for different parking sizes, for performance reason (it's less costly drawing many copies of the same object, compared to drawing the same number of objects, but all different ), and the airplane position is less predictable, and of course there's no such thing as the "Go To Airport" menu, which will always place the airplane in the same place, which is the center of the parking, which is not appropriate for all airplane models.

When you say you plan to switch to SODE for the pending update is that an update to GSX or the KLAS airport?

An update to KLAS. The jetway used by a scenery it's a feature that concerns the scenery itself. GSX only stays on top of it.

Also, the gates at KLAS like terminal 2 gates 3, 4, & 5 for HEAVY aircraft like the PMDG 747-400 have so much default ground equipment all around that the GSX equipment is driving through and over that stuff, not nice to see.

That's another issue, and it's related to the fact KLAS was designed before GSX. The more recent sceneries, like KDFW, KLAX, CYVR, , KIAH, KMEM have class of objects, like details at the parking, which are explicitly created by giving GSX the permission to remove them as soon as you start GSX. It's possible we might be able to add the same feature in the upcoming KLAS update.

Bob G.

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 10:24:06 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Thanks again for all the help and info., when do you think the update for KLAS will be ready so I can watch for it?

Bob G.