Author Topic: Customizing push possitions  (Read 2477 times)

radekcerny

Customizing push possitions
« on: January 17, 2017, 04:43:52 pm »
Hello,

i am trying to change the possitions, where you ended up the pushback. Using the AirportDesign editor. When i insert the latitude and longitude numbers via ADE, the pushback leaves me even 10 meters away..What if i just want to turn only 45 degrees?

I've spotted a great job made on FlyTampa Amsterdam. Using GSX. But how am i suppose to do this? How am i suppose to change those numbers correctly?

Thank you very much for your help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Customizing push possitions
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 09:02:30 pm »
The most important thing to note, is that you cannot use any Latitude and Longitude, the coordinates must be those of an existing node of the AFCAD. So, the result might not be what you expected, because if you insert Lat/Lon freely, GSX will find the closest node and use that one.

Also, setting a node, doesn't necessarily mean GSX will push all the way to it. The node should be though just as an "attractor", but the Pushback will stop as soon the airplane is reasonably straight.

I'm not sure what you mean with "just want turn 45 degrees", the program will try to FIT a curve, with an end point to an end node, it will never move straight, otherwise it would be mathematically impossible to solve the geometry between the front gear, the towbar and the vehicle, which includes the vehicle wheels too.

Maybe, if you could give me an example on what you are trying to achieve, I might be able to help.