Author Topic: TMAP for FSXBA F/A-18C/D Hornet  (Read 14641 times)

Dman

Re: TMAP for FSXBA F/A-18C/D Hornet
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2017, 03:01:16 pm »
Humm... copied all the effects from the effects folder.. to the main effects folder in P3Dv3.. still wont get the burners or the LEX vapor until a weapon is released.. strange..
It seems on my system that TackPack somehow turns on these effects.. I assume there isn't a priority that is followed when loading gauges? If so.. maybe Tackpack could be at the end of the list..??

Kea

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2017, 10:08:42 am »
Sorry Dman, don't know anything about P3D, I only work in FSX.
Marte21, got you, and yeah that's likely a result of my limited abilities integrating the TMAP with the F18C.xml (there's probably only a boresight setup). Apologies for that, I never tested trying to hit targets beyond other aircraft in front of me (so to me it always seemed to be tracking the radar target, whereas it may well have just been picking up the first thing it saw).

Blue Angels

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2018, 10:13:07 pm »
Will this tackpack work with the current FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET 18.4.131 and the FSXBA F/A-18D v17.1 Tactical

PhantomTweak

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2018, 07:54:05 am »
Will this tackpack work with the current FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET 18.4.131 and the FSXBA F/A-18D v17.1 Tactical
I won't swear to TacPack being fully functional in the v17.1, but the files are there, so it's functional in some form. When it was in use, I didn't have TackPack, so I couldn't really test it properly.

Same for the v18.4.131. I haven't fully tested the TP integration yet, but I'm working on it. I do have TP now, so the testing continues  ;)
It seems pretty functional, except for the AGM88C HARM missiles, which I am currently working on integrating. The ones you can select in the Configuration screen (SHFT+7) are currently there only for display purposes. Mainly, to show what they look like when on the plane. With just those loaded, it looks pretty nifty, IMO. Dangerous :D
 I HOPE I can have them integrated by the next update, but I'm learning this as I go. It's a kinda slow process for my little pea-brain, but I WILL have them integrated. Eventually. As soon as I can, that is... ::)

still wont get the burners or the LEX vapor until a weapon is released.. strange..
From what I can see of the v18.4.131, and remember I don't have P3D in any form, it should have the various effects functional with or without TP.
The required parameters for the LEX effects are listed as "F/A-18 Medium G LEXVapor - Triggers/Stops - +4.5 G, +210 KIAS, -20K' baro"
You must ensure all of them are met to get the effects. The trouble with pulling 4.5 G is that it's close to the GLOC point, so you have to be careful of that. Also, you need very humid air, down very low, and going faster than 210 KIAS.
The AB effects should be fully functional whatever the conditions, though. I'll do more research to see if there's anything I can find.
Are you loading the plane into the world with the VC up first? If you have a default flight that starts in the 2D cockpit, That may be part of the trouble...
Best to have the sim's default flight be the default, default flight, if that makes sense. I don't know what the P3D default flight is, though, so I can't tell you what it is. But if you have the original as the default flight, it will ensure all the different variables, switch settings, and so on, are proper and correct before you load the Hornet.
Remember this is mostly a shot in the dark (Hilarious movie from a while back, BTW. A Shot in the Dark) for me. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Good fortune all!
Pat☺