Author Topic: Vancouver runways and taxiways are black  (Read 7469 times)

knighthood

Vancouver runways and taxiways are black
« on: June 25, 2016, 11:23:24 am »
Hello,
i also have problems installing CYVR.
During installation i also get the error message " Incorrect function "
I tried, what charles246 suggested (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12360.0.html).

Attached is the log-file from the last installation, a screenshot of the error message and a screenshot from top view.

My OS is Win10.

Previous installation worked well (Win7).

Thanks an greetings. Stefan.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Vancouver runways and taxiways are black
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 01:16:57 pm »
I'm not able to replicate the "incorrect function" error message, even when running the installer from a different drive than the FSX one, which is what charles246 thought was the cause of the error. It runs fine regardless where is launched from, there's no error, and the scenery works normally.

You should log the installer to check what problem in your system is causing that error:

- Open a command prompt  ( start -> CMD -> enter )

- go to the folder where you have the installer, for example:

CD c:\Users\Yourname\Desktop

Assuming you put the installer on the Desktop

- launch the installer with this command:

cyvr_fsx_setup.exe /log=install.log

This should hopefully create a file named install.log on your Desktop, after you close it. If you have it, then send it to me by email.

knighthood

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 01:34:06 pm »
thanks for your quick answer.

the log-file was already attached in the first message. can you see it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 02:03:51 pm »
the log-file was already attached in the first message. can you see it?

Sorry, I haven't seen it. The log says the program GM.EXE ( the GraphicMagick utility ) that is used to generate the textures has failed for some reason.

However, the command line seems correct, just that the texture name referenced there is named CYVR_SF01_a.JPG while the one copied by the installer is named CYVR_SF01_A.JPG however, on a normal Windows filesystem, filenames are not case sensitive this won't cause any problems. Is you P:\ using a case-sensitive filesystem ?

The other only possible reason I can think of, is the antivirus has blocked the GM.EXE file from running for some reason, so you must install with the antivirus TURNED OFF.

knighthood

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 07:59:45 pm »
all antivirus turned off. firewall turned off. no chance.
other fsdt-products work well.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 02:06:22 pm »
all antivirus turned off. firewall turned off. no chance.

Then the only other possible explanation left, is that your P: drive is configured using a case-sensitive filesystem, which is not very common on a Windows OS.

other fsdt-products work well.

This doesn't mean much.

CYVR is the only product that needs to generate textures by the installer, using the above method (it launches a the open source GraphicMagick utility, called GM.EXE ), and it always worked so far, nobody has ever reported this specific error, and nothing has changed in that part of the installer since we released CYVR 2 years ago.

knighthood

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 04:56:41 pm »
OK. Thank you.
If I can solve the problem i´ll let you know.

Appriciate your support. Greetings. Stefan

knighthood

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2016, 09:02:37 am »
Hi,

I tested the Installation on a different System. Win10. Fresh install of FSX with Acc. (just wanted to test, if it works with FSX).
What can I say. I had the same Problem. The Installation was not able to generate the textures again.

So my Problem Comes up on two different Systems. One with Win10 and P3D and the other with Win10 and FSX.
I had no Problems in the past. It´s curious...

Grettings, Stefan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2016, 01:22:33 pm »
I'm sorry, but I use Windows 10 too, and cannot reproduce this problem, and nobody else has reported it so far, in the 2+ years that CYVR has been out.

As I've said, excluding all the other very unlikely reasons, the only possible reason left, is the antivirus that has blocked the GM.EXE file from running for some reason, so you must install with the antivirus TURNED OFF.

knighthood

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2016, 12:17:51 pm »
thanks
i won´t give up and try all again.

MTN001

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2017, 10:13:16 pm »
Has there been a solution to this? I bought CYVR today before I even downloded it not thinking there could be a problem since I have KDFW, KLAS, KIAH and GSX all installed and working fine.

I tried all three texture configurations on install, turned off anti-virus, and even redownloaded the scenery in case the download was bad. In all cases, I received 30-40 messages (didn't count) exactly like the picture above - "Incorrect Function" with an OK box only. Here's a sample entry from the log file of one of those messages:

Executing E:\FSX\fsdreamteam\gm\gm.exe composite -resize 2048x2048 CYVR_shdw_ed04.jpg rgb.png -compose CopyOpacity -resize 2048x2048   temp.tga from E:\FSX\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_CYVR\texture.AZ159H12\
2017-01-01 13:28:01.779   There has been an error running GM.exe, the result code is : 1 which means Incorrect function
2017-01-01 13:28:01.780   Message box (OK):
                          Incorrect function
2017-01-01 13:28:02.117   User chose OK.

I appear to have everything there, but the ground and all buildings are pure black. The jetways render properly though and look nice!

Edit:  My OS is Windows 7 64 bit.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 10:16:02 pm by MTN001 »

MTN001

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 09:12:51 pm »
I figured out my problem.

I already had the GraphicMagick utility and it's associated helper DLLs installed via another program. The other program created registry entries for the DLLs that were pointing to a folder that was obviously not used by the CYVR installer. When the installer tried to convert each graphic, the registry entry pointed to the folder of the original install, and it couldn't find the source file there - throwing the "Incorrect function" error. That happened for each of the files it tried to convert.

My only solution was to uninstall the other program using the utility, run a registry cleaner to delete any remaining artifacts of the DLLs, run the CYVR installer (which deletes gm.exe and it's DLLs after install), then re-install the other program. I now have a beautiful CYVR.

Hope this helps someome else who may have this issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2017, 05:30:31 pm »
That's was a very useful info: we'll try to see if there's a way if we could always use our local copy of GraphicMagick without being affected by other installations.