Author Topic: Park Me - Not Available  (Read 6176 times)

peterpapa

Park Me - Not Available
« on: January 18, 2009, 06:22:57 am »
I have installed and Purchased JFK and Geneva. Both worked fine but suddenly the PARK ME option in the install manager reads - Not Available.
I can see that the FSDreamteams folder still exists and contains the original files - I have tried re-installing both JFK and Geneva. Same thing happens?
Any ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Park Me - Not Available
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 12:42:14 pm »
I have installed and Purchased JFK and Geneva. Both worked fine but suddenly the PARK ME option in the install manager reads - Not Available.

This options has always been "Not available", and it's normal and correct. "Not available" doesn't mean it will not work in the sim, it means that is not availabe to BUY, as a separate product, but is linked to JFK or Geneva.

Before reinstalling, have you checked that it works in the sim ?

peterpapa

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 04:48:42 pm »
It was not working in the Sim which is why I noticed it.
Are there any settings in the "Scenery" control box which affect the appearance of the buildings and the functionality of the "Park Me" interface?
tks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 12:41:28 am »
Do you have the "Couatl powered plugins" menu under the Addons menu ?

If not, perhaps is the couatl.exe that hasn't been launched, which can be checked very easily, by opening Task Manager and checking if there's a process named Couatl.exe that starts automatically when FSX starts, and quits when FSX quits.

If that exe hasn't started, you can even start it yourself manually, by launching the Couatl.exe from the FSX\Fsdreamteam\Couatl folder with FSX already running. If the additional menus and ParkMe feature would appear, this would at least verify the module works. If it hasn't started automatically, might just be with a problem with updating the EXE.XML file, which should be an easy fix.

peterpapa

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 01:49:13 pm »
I believe this WAS the problem. I have now started the Coutl Exe file and all seems well.
thanks for your help