Author Topic: Refueling does not STOP  (Read 4671 times)

maniamcool

Refueling does not STOP
« on: January 10, 2017, 07:09:04 am »
Hi,

First of all, thanks for fixing the earlier issues regarding queuing of services. Everything seems to work fine now.

However, the refueling service seems to be stuck in a loop now. I requested for refueling and once the truck was in position, I entered the amount of fuel to be loaded into the FMC (PMDG 777) and the refueling just kept going.

Airport: Flytampa EHAM
Aircraft: PMDG 777-300ER
Amount of fuel loaded: 78000KG
Multiple trips: Off
Always fuel progessively: Off
Min. time for refueling: 1.0

Sequence: Catering done, requested for refueling, entered fuel amount into fmc, refueling keeps going and doesn't stop. I keep getting the message at the top of the screen periodically that fuel is being loaded: Loading fuel 10000 gals( 67000lbs).. This just keeps going on until I manually restart Coautl to stop it
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 07:22:40 am by maniamcool »

maniamcool

Re: Refueling does not STOP
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 03:45:55 am »
Tried it again at the same airport with the same sequence, this time I changed min. fueling time to 10.0.

Multiple trips: OFF
PROGRESSIVE REFUELING: OFF

After the first fuel truck is done, another fuel truck still comes. I thought I had multiple trips off?

Please fix and advise asap. This refueling update is giving more problems than solutions now.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 11:02:57 am »
I'm sorry, but I was never, ever, able to reproduce any of these supposed "stuck" loop, not even before the fixes, where there were problems with queueing.

Also, fact you see another truck with multiple trips off, seems to indicate you don't have the latest Live Update, because there was a bug which the Multiple Trips setting wasn't saved, which is fixed only in the latest Live Update.

maniamcool

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 03:41:35 pm »
I just got the same refueling bug again at VHHH. I tried to change the units in PMDG FMC from KG to LBS to match GSX but the problem still persisted.

If you would like I can reproduce it to you live via teamviewer. Let me know if you're able to do so. As of now I cannot even complete refueling without manually restarting coautl.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 03:52:59 pm by maniamcool »

maniamcool

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 04:05:23 pm »
Just tried another run, at this point I'm repeating refueling runs with different fuel amounts in the same session to try and see if I can stop the bug from appearing.

One thing I noticed was that the fuel counter on the truck would dissappear when I load more than 10000lbs of fuel. This also triggers the infinite refueling loop.

If I were to load up less than 10000lbs, the fuel counter remains and shows the amount of fuel loaded. Everything would then work as per normal and the refueling would complete. Subsequent runs with requested fuel of more than 10000lbs would work, but multiple trucks would come even with the setting turned off.

I do have the latest update installed.

I'm really puzzled and I think you need to see this for yourself on my system to get a sense of it.

EDIT: I seemed to have identified the problem. Refueling more than 10000lbs or any amount more than what 1 fuel truck can carry would cause the refueling cycle to go into a infinite loop.

EDIT 2: I'm able to consistently reproduce this on my system now with the scenario as mentioned in the previous edit. The only way to workaround the bug is to enable multiple trips.

Before I go on, I have to ask if this may actually be normal? Since multiple trips is off, is the refueling time on a single truck longer than usual to simulate the refueling time required? If that's the case, how long is it usually and is there a way to make instant or faster? Keep in mind I load my fuel using the pmdg fmc instantly.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 05:01:29 pm by maniamcool »

sticky1202

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 02:18:46 pm »
I seem to be having the same issue. It has happened with the QW 757, and now the PMDG 777. After deboarding, I get the message "fueling truck is on its way". (I never requested it).

Jim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 04:00:56 pm »
EDIT: I seemed to have identified the problem. Refueling more than 10000lbs or any amount more than what 1 fuel truck can carry would cause the refueling cycle to go into a infinite loop.

Ok, this is an useful info. When the Multiple trips is disabled, we assume a fuel truck with an "infinite" capacity, but it's supposed work nonetheless or, at least, nobody ever reported it while we had a month of Public Beta...

We'll check it, of course.

maniamcool

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 05:35:23 pm »

Ok, this is an useful info. When the Multiple trips is disabled, we assume a fuel truck with an "infinite" capacity, but it's supposed work nonetheless or, at least, nobody ever reported it while we had a month of Public Beta...

We'll check it, of course.

Ah well I would assume most people had multiple trips on during the public beta since it was something new  :D.. Probably that's why the bug regarding the setting page not saving when turning multiple trips off was only reported after the full release. I may be mistaken though.. didn't participate in the beta myself.

Thanks for your response, I'll just wait for news of a fix in the meantime.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 05:37:38 pm by maniamcool »

maniamcool

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 11:02:47 am »
Any updates to this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 02:48:37 pm »
Any updates to this?

We already fixed this for the next update, but will be published in a few days, because we want to combine other fixes too. In the meantime, just use it with Multiple Trips enabled.

Lisler

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2023, 01:36:01 pm »
hello im sorry to report it is happening again this time with the FSLabs Airbus series and the Aerosoft A330