Author Topic: Strange fps issue when approaching 04l  (Read 7011 times)

clintferns

Strange fps issue when approaching 04l
« on: November 07, 2012, 08:25:20 pm »
Hey guys iam new here.Iam kind off facing a very peculiar issue with fsdt kjfk.Basically i can approach all runways of fsdt kjfk with all settings high in very bad weather and have good frames,but when i approach 04l in any settings the fps drops to low 10-15.I never had this problem before and it seems very strange.I would like if someone could come up with a solution.Thanks !!

Clinton.
Clinton  Royston Fernandes

theshack440

Re: Strange fps issue when approaching 04l
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 08:41:01 pm »
Welcome to the forums!

My best guess is it has something to do with being able to see the entire airport/ai traffic. I can't imagine that the actual airport would cause weird fps drops like that

I usually get the worst frames on 31L/R because of the reason that I just mentioned as well as the Manhattan skyline in the distance.

How are frames for 4R?
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

clintferns

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 03:54:04 am »
Hey..
The frames for all runways,including 04r are fine...its only 04l that seems to be a problem.Also if i land on 04l the fps drops and remains very low...but its not the case with the other runways... :'(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 10:33:32 am »
I can't see any meaningful difference in fps between 4L and 4R here. Without AI (the one and only correct way to test a scenery), I have about 48 fps on final at 4L and about 52 on 4R, which is understandable, since you have a lot more airport in view at 4R.

However, without knowing what else you have installed, is difficult to tell what's the problem on your system, maybe you have simply too many addons and/or too high settings and, having more airports buildings in view approaching 4R, tipped some kind of memory (ram or vram) exhaustion that caused performances to drop significantly, while it should only drop about 10% in a normal situation.

clintferns

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 03:12:14 pm »
Hi..the fps drops strangley only a few secs before landing.However if i make a sudden change to 4r the fps are fine...my addons are the regular fsx addons.Gex northamerica,utx usa,ngx,rex od,landclass mesh(not sure about the company).Would u suggest a reinstall ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 01:21:27 am »
Would u suggest a reinstall ?

Surely not of JFK, because the problem can't have anything to do with it. If you had a problem with the software not running correctly or the scenery had missing/outdated files, you wouldn't see any buildings so, it's fairly easy to know when you need a reinstall of our programs.

clintferns

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 12:24:53 pm »
hi...i would reinstall it and report back...thanks.

clintferns

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 11:40:53 am »
Hey...I did a reinstall of fsx.Currently i have only the ngx,gex,utx north america senerytech usa landclass,rex with 4096 textures installed.I also increased my page file on the os ssd where fsx is installed to 4000 mbs.I have the os and fsx on the same ssd,however fsx is not on the programfiles folder.My results are the same as before.Fps are great (near about 30) on all runways.However on 04l its is good...untill i reach few feet before the threshold :(....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 12:20:17 pm »
Currently i have only the ngx,gex,utx north america senerytech usa landclass,rex with 4096 textures installed

You have "ONLY" ?? You have A LOT!! If you really too the time to reinstall all of this, why not making a test with JFK ONLY and nothing else ? Now you'll never know which of these other addons caused the problem.

However on 04l its is good...untill i reach few feet before the threshold :(....

As I've said, doesn't happen here and nobody else reported it before.

theshack440

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 10:30:30 pm »
Not that I know very much about what goes on behind the scenes of scenery building, but Umberto, could this be caused by a corrupted file?
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 01:01:47 am »
Not that I know very much about what goes on behind the scenes of scenery building, but Umberto, could this be caused by a corrupted file?

Reinstalling the scenery should have fixed it. But of course, it could be a corrupted file somewhere else, or a scenery in conflict.

theshack440

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 01:29:41 am »
Ah, ok thanks. Yeah I would definitely check for conflicting sceneries if you haven't already, Clinton.
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com