Author Topic: Product Installed but not Active yat  (Read 5594 times)

gdavej

Product Installed but not Active yat
« on: December 31, 2016, 03:52:21 am »
I have most of FSDreamTeam products installed in P3Dv3.3. Everything worked fine, until a week ago, around the time I installed the latest GSX (?). At that time, I started getting messages for JFK and HawaiianAirportsVol1 as P3D started up:

The product "FSDreamTeam Hawaiian Airports Vol 1" is installed but not Active yet on this PC. Do you want to ACTIVATE it now"

I answer yes to the above, then I get a message that it has been successfully activated. Same thing for JFK, although it appears all other products are okay. Next time I startup P3D, same thing, same messages and same success message. How can I get these 2 products activated correctly?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Product Installed but not Active yat
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 06:24:24 pm »
You probably are running the sim in "Compatibility" mode, which is not right. Be sure all the compatibility option for the Prepar3d.exe are turned off.

Also, with "updated GSX", be sure you did it in the correct way, as explained on the release notes:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

IMPORTANT: This update requires downloading the latest GSX Full installer from the FSDT Website.

gdavej

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 02:51:32 am »
Thanks for your swift response. Unfortunately, I still have the issue. I'm not running P3D in compatibility mode, and I did download the latest GSX (v 1.9.9.10) 189Mb in size, from FSDreamTeam web site. When I installed GSX, I just ran the installer, without first uninstalling... not sure if this caused a problem?

BTW I already tried uninstalling the HawaiianAirportsVol1, and reinstalling with a fresh downloaded exe. Gave same problem.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 03:24:21 am by gdavej »

gdavej

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 04:04:17 am »
I got the activation to work finally, and to stick! I said no to the popup asking if I wanted to Activate the product, then in Addon manager on the P3D menu, I selected the "enter Serial" option, and entered the serial key here. Now I no longer get that popup at P3D start. So all's good  :)

gdavej

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 02:37:14 am »
I just looked at the reg files for the FSDreamTeam products, all stored in my home directory. The 2 products I had trouble with were JFK and HawaiianAirports Vol 1. The reg files for these 2 each had a space at the end of the Serial (eg "SerialNumber"="FSDXXXXX-XXXX-.....-XXXX "), whilst all other products did not have that space, and none of them gave me this problem. Just an observation, maybe this is the cause of my issue, and if so then maybe others will have the same.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 10:56:22 am »
The program will automatically remove trailing and leading spaces when you type the Serial so no, this shouldn't be happening, and the .REG file are not even saved if the activation wasn't successful.

Maybe it wasn't really a space, but some kind of invisible character that was pasted from the html email but again, it shouldn't have been saved in the .REG file, since no .REG file is created if the original activation for it wasn't successful.