Author Topic: Buildings Issue  (Read 4311 times)

craig_read

Buildings Issue
« on: November 15, 2007, 10:57:45 pm »
I know this has been covered.. and I've looked at the Troubleshooter.. and I've looked at the posts.. Nothing has made a difference.. There are no buildings within the demo for me.. I would purchase this if I could get it to work but until I do.. it's not an option..

I have..:

Re-installed twice..
Checked the C++ install with the download from Microsoft..
Changed the dll.xml file so that the Addon Manager is visible in the menus within FSX

Nothing worked.. so.. following a post saying it must be a library issue.. I unchecked.. ALL.. the items bar.. this scenery.. and those that could not be unchecked.. that FSX said had to be on.. AND STILL.. no buildings.. I'm at a loss here.. something is wrong but I don't know what.. All the surface textures.. like the taxiways.. signs.. lights and runways etc.. are all fine.. and come up trumps..

As far as I can tell.. everything is installed correctly.. so there has to be an issue to do with the scenery library.. I am open to some good suggestions here.. if you can get it to work.. I'll buy it.. 

Cheers

Craig

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Buildings Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 12:09:36 am »
The only things that tells if the missing buildings are a Scenery Library issue or not, it's to check if the Addon Manager menu shows.

Do you see FSDreamTeam listed with publishers, with the ZurichX page, in the Addon Manager dialog box ?

If yes, it's surely something related to another scenery in conflict. If not, you have probably deleted some files by mistake. In this case, uninstall Zurich 1.1 and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove Addon Manager". Note, only Zurich 1.1 uninstaller asks this so, if you have Zurich 1.0, please update it first. When the whole scenery, including the Addon Manager, is removed, reinstall. It should fix any missing files.

Another thing: buildings shows up only at complexity level 2 onward, meaning at least "Normal". They don't show at Sparse and Very Sparse.