Author Topic: Still stuck after catering service  (Read 3930 times)

oldmanmak

Still stuck after catering service
« on: December 24, 2016, 03:10:59 pm »
Hello FSDT

Merry Christmas
i need help about the new GSX update
a_a sceneries VTBS Gate 201
PMDG-777-300ER

1. call for De-boarding, then complete, i wait 3 mins until all container dolly and PAX bus disappear
2. call for catering, then complete, i wait 3 mins until all catering truck disappear
3. call for refueling, GSX said ( wait for my action, close L1 door) my fueling point set at -17,-6.75, 5.8

After closing the L1 PAX door, that's it, no more action for all ground equipment and no fuel truck coming,
and why GSX want me to close the PAX door before refueling, the refueling point is far away from the PAX door

thanks a lot and good day
Raymond

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Still stuck after catering service
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 09:58:31 pm »
If you edit the plane configuration, it's best if you restart Couatl, to be sure all the changes are read in.

oldmanmak

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 02:22:08 pm »
Hello

i try to restart couatl and rebuild cache before using GSX
i am sure call the service in sequence, and wait for it to complete, vehicle disappear, then call for next service
the only different this time is GSX want me to close L2 door, ISO L1 door
still no sign of the fuel truck
any idea??

many thanks
Raymond

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 12:04:48 pm »
It seems you have edited to have it on the left and, because of this, GSX will ask you to close the passenger doors, so it will recall the passenger stairs. This is done in order to be sure the refuel truck won't clash into the passenger stairs on arrival.

However, the default configuration for the PMDG 777 that comes with GSX has the refueling point on the right so, in this case, the loaders will be recalled instead of the passenger stairs.

So, first Reset the airplane configuration to default, so it will use the one that comes with GSX and revert all your edits.

oldmanmak

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 06:23:01 pm »
Hello again

Today, re-download and install GSX again, run live update inside the sim, restart couatl
run every service one by one. Finally, it works, fuel truck show up and everything seems normal

In my opinion, the in and out route for fuel truck is totally not affect the loaded or PAX stair.
Please kindly consider to remove it on next update
Thank you very much
Raymond

Eisbahn

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 11:16:18 am »

In my opinion, the in and out route for fuel truck is totally not affect the loaded or PAX stair.
Please kindly consider to remove it on next update
Thank you very much
Raymond

How is the fuel truck going to get under the wing if the stairs or loaders are in the way?

oldmanmak

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 12:00:18 pm »
Funny , how is the fuel truck going to affect the stair or loader if both of them  are in position ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 02:37:18 pm »
Funny , how is the fuel truck going to affect the stair or loader if both of them  are in position ?

It will surely will, depending on the airplane size, and the position of the fuel point.

While it's easier on a plane with a big wingspan to have a fuel point placed in a spot where the fuel truck won't crash into the positioned stairs, it's almost impossible on a smaller plane so, if the stairs are moved back on the starting position at the parking, they will never crash with the fuel truck, unless the parking size totally wrong for the airplane size (but it will probably get a "too small" parking warning from GSX anyway).

But again, this is an issue only with planes with the refuel point on the left. If it's set to the right, the passenger stairs will not move, and loaders will, which is probably better.

Which is why, the current Live Update have all the supported planes that have a refuel point pre-configured by GSX, on the right side.

But of course, if you already customized it, your customizations will take the precedence so, either Reset the configuration (so it will revert to the one that comes with GSX, or invert the fuel position (make the X positive) in the GSX airplane editor.

oldmanmak

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2016, 11:26:19 pm »
Hello Umberto
Good morning , thanks for your reply
I am flying PMDG 77W, I truly want the add-on could be more accurate as real would, Yes, you are right , small place with short wing may have that problem ,

Just a suggestion , like other user said
If we can adjust or modify the in and out path for service vehicle, that will be great and awesome
Once again, thank you so much and good day
Raymond
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 11:44:57 pm by oldmanmak »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2016, 11:43:23 am »
Just a suggestion , like other user said
If we can adjust or modify the in and out path for service vehicle, that will be great and awesome

There are airplanes where the catering and the stairs won't fit in any case at the same time, regardless of what path the catering truck will undertake to get there, so it's useless.

But again, if recalling the passenger stairs is a problem for you, this is no longer a problem if you have the refueling point on the right. Which is exactly how all the planes we have pre-configured in GSX are made, right now.