Author Topic: GSX update problem  (Read 1873 times)

Rafal

GSX update problem
« on: December 20, 2016, 10:32:48 pm »
Hello, Umberto!

Following the email I got today I downloaded the latest version of GSX to install it.
While trying to install, I get en error message saying:
There was a problem updating some support files, please try again later.

I tried redownloading, reinstalling, my antivirus is off, etc.
Is there a problem with the latest installer?

If it matters, on the last attempt I tried to see which part of the download process triggers the error.
It seems that the installer is unable to download the GSX_manual.pdf and it's the moment it reports an error.
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX update problem
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 10:54:23 pm »
The issue is, because of the announcement, you are all trying to download at the same time, so both our two mirror servers (one in Europe, the other in the US), are being quite stressed, even if we don't keep the big installers on our site, just the Live Updates.

However, since the installer is brand new, it doesn't need to download anything, since today there's nothing newer online compared to what's included in the installer so, the easiest solution, if you don't want to wait while the network becomes less congested is:

- Install with the network disconnected

This will run the installer entirely offline but, as I've said, it has been updated right now, so there's nothing else or newer that it needs to download from the servers.