Author Topic: Gate Services **SOLVED**  (Read 2641 times)

Juergen2

Gate Services **SOLVED**
« on: December 19, 2016, 01:08:54 pm »
Hi,
How can I get "all gate services", when I load a flight to a airport and a specific gate (from FSX)? The only selections I have available (ctrl+shift+f12) lets me place the aircraft to all the runways, 1 gate parking and several parking spots. I would like to use in particular the push-back function.
Thanks for help
Brgds
Juergen Mader
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 11:11:16 am by virtuali »

Juergen2

Re: Gate Services
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 06:21:54 pm »
Hi,
I forgot to add the screenshot of the dialog box I have available when at gate F78 in Tampa. I would of course like to use all services. particular the push back.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/141330124@N05/shares/932344
Thanks for help
Juergen Mader

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 02:05:26 pm »
If GSX presents you with a list of parkings, it indicates it doesn't detect you as being "in" a parking. This usually indicates an AFCAD conflict, so the wrong AFCAD is being used.

You can check which AFCAD is used by GSX, selecting the "customize airport positions" from the GSX main menu, the name of the AFCAD in use is listed in the top left. It should be the one that comes with the scenery.

Juergen2

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 09:19:05 pm »
Umberto,
The scenery was downloaded from the AVSIM library and I did not see a AFCAD attached.
Any recommendation?
Thanks
Juergen Mader

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 01:03:18 am »
The scenery was downloaded from the AVSIM library and I did not see a AFCAD attached.

Surely it comes with an AFCAD.

Maybe you have the usual problem of some freeware sceneries, that place the airport data (AFCAD) inside a much larger .BGL, so it will be skipped by GSX because of optimizations we have to speedup the cache regeneration time, in order to not unnecessarily check .BGL files which are not likely to contains airports (they are "usually" small), by default GSX won't consider files larger than 2MB.

Of course, this default can be changed, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14187.0.html

Juergen2

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 10:10:51 am »
Hi,
I followed the instructions of your post and total success and added the maximum file size line to the "couatl.ini file! The popup menu now lets me select de-boarding and all other gate services as well as push back.
The blue is up again in the simworld
Thanks for your help
Juergen Mader