Author Topic: Big problem runway 23  (Read 4972 times)

martyc

Big problem runway 23
« on: January 09, 2009, 03:25:04 pm »
Hi. Here is my problem and I perhaps I share that one with other and we coulf find a solution :
First of all I'm not a beginner with fs9 as I know it very well from the begining of its release. If I take off and land on runway 05, everything is ok, not bad stutter even with traffic a 80% as with my other add on sceneries. But when I take off on runway 23, I have after 5 seconds of rolling big big stops of at least 1sec  in the frame rates repeated about four times until  I take off. Quite unplayable in fact with serious complex add on aircrats. The worst is that when I'm landing runway 23, at the touch down point I often have a so real bounce that I crash the right landing gear of my aircrafts. You can trust me that after more than ten years of practice I know how make a kiss landing with jets... This strange problem I repeat do not occurs with runway 05. It's not a problem of traffic, and its not a problem of scenery density and my video card. I have checked that and I have a lot of more huge and complicated airport like EDDF, LFPG, EGGL which runs perfectly at high rate of traffic autogen and complexity. So what? Is anybody having this strange problem? For the moment and with my knowledge I can't see what really happen with that runway 23.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Big problem runway 23
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 03:49:29 pm »
This has already been discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1377.0

There are some suggestion there you might try to ease the issue.

As I've said there, I only have very minor stutterings for a 1/10th of a second, which really don't distract at all from the flight. Depending on the system configuration and other addon installed in the area (like a terrain addon), this might be more of a problem of not, please read all the thread there.

I have checked that and I have a lot of more huge and complicated airport like EDDF, LFPG, EGGL which runs perfectly

Apart for the fact that is not true this airports are "a lot more huge and complicated", considering the installer size for EGLL it's 30% smaller than LSGG, mostly because of the high number of hi-res textures we have in LSGG, which can also be a reson why it performs flawlessly in FSX, which has a much better texture loading mechanism that doesn't gobble the machine, creating stuttering.

These are all sceneries which contains a lot of FS9 code and, because of this, they perform worse than our sceneries in FSX (there's a comparison thread here about fps in JFK FSX compared to EGLL in FSX). Since we design and optimize the scenery with FSX in mind and, more specifically, with FSX-capable hardware in mind, it likely that it wouldn't perform so well in FS9.

Which is something that FS9 users should accept (just like FSX users are accustomed to expect sub-par performances from FS9 ports), because we always were very open about the fact that we only design with FSX in mind and the FS9 version is just a port. And, we have a Trial version, which is there also for this reason.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 04:19:32 pm by virtuali »