Author Topic: Compatibility problems with KMEM and iFly products  (Read 11928 times)

demio

Compatibility problems with KMEM and iFly products
« on: December 11, 2016, 08:29:33 pm »
Hello everyone,

I have a problem with KMEM and the iFly 737 and 747. Approaching KMEM with the 747 a few days back, I had a CTD with the g2d.dll error. I found this thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13623.0.html

...but unfortunately, a) it's locked, and b) no one was talking about the iFly.

The crash with the 747 is 100 % reproduce-able. When in the VC and anywhere near KMEM, I get a CTD. With the 737, it's slightly different: If I load up the 737 with KMEM, there is no crash, but also no KMEM - the scenery objects aren't created.

I "emptied" the dll. and exe.xml files from all but the Addon Manager entries, and sure enough, I could load up the 747 and KMEM, but then the 747 doesn't work (black screens, no gear, no function).

Is there any advice available on this? Thank you!

Edit: I use FSX "Classic" with the X-Pack, I believe.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 09:57:51 pm by demio »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Compatibility problems with KMEM and iFly products
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 12:33:07 pm »
That thread finally proved, after so many different tests

- The G2D.DLL crash is always caused by other addons. There, it was mostly the usage of outdated version EZDOK camera, but of course it's possible there might be similar issue with other 3rd party modules out there.

I "emptied" the dll. and exe.xml files from all but the Addon Manager entries, and sure enough, I could load up the 747 and KMEM, but then the 747 doesn't work (black screens, no gear, no function).

I think this test of yours proved the crash was caused by another 3rd party module. It's not sure, however, if it's the iFly modules, because you said you removed "everything". Now, you should re-enable all modules, one by one, which is the only way to find which is the offending one.

demio

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 08:51:07 pm »
Thank you for your reply.

Since it doesn't happen with other aircraft (I tested the default 172 and PMDG's MD-11), AND the problem doesn't occur with the iFly aircraft on any other airport (although I'd have to test your KORD), I'm pretty sure it's the combination of KMEM and iFly. For the sake of argument, let's say I'm right with that assumption: What do I do now? You say it's not your product. I will bring the issue to iFly's attention, but iFly will maybe say the same thing. I'm assuming you don't have the 737 or 747 available for testing?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 09:48:06 am »
For the sake of argument, let's say I'm right with that assumption: What do I do now?

Since you said your crash was so easily reproducible as soon as you approach KMEM with that plane, I guess the only possible reply is: "thank God FSDT has a Trial".

The main point of offering a Trial, is precisely to let users test our product with their own combinations of addons before purchasing it and according to your description, this problem should have been obvious while testing.

I'm assuming you don't have the 737 or 747 available for testing?

No, I don't. Do they have a Trial version ?

In any case, I would like to know if the problem happens at KMEM only, or in other FSDT sceneries. KORD would be a good test and, if you can KIAH (which of course, can be freely downloaded too). If KORD works and KIAH doesn't, that *might* give some indications of the reason.

ubersu

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 12:54:00 pm »
This chap did bring his problem to iFly and I (I'm part of the support team) was unable to reproduce it with any FSDT airport. So he is now going through the dismal process of going through the add-ons in an attempt to find the magic combination. Flight1, of course, does have the equivalent of demo versions in that they offer a 30 day, money back, guarantee for their products.

Regards,
DJ

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 01:06:21 pm »
This chap did bring his problem to iFly and I (I'm part of the support team) was unable to reproduce it with any FSDT airport.

That's good to hear. In fact, I was quite sure there was no conflict specific to iFly, since nobody reported it so far.

So he is now going through the dismal process of going through the add-ons in an attempt to find the magic combination.

I'll be interested to know more. One thing to check (although our recent installers automatically fix this), is if the FSX.CFG has the (dangerous) Poolsize = 0 command in the settings, which is an almost sure recipe for G2D.DLL crashes, which is another thing that came out in the thread related to crashes.

demio

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 09:09:32 pm »
So, I'm in the process of testing. So far, I've moved the entries in dll and exe.xml to the end, but then I get 3 errors on FSX startup:

No 1 states "The procedure entry point SimConnect_Text could not be located in the dynamic link library simconnect.dll"

No 2 and 3 are Windows error message boxes:

"Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   BEX
  Application Name:   fsx.exe
  Application Version:   10.0.61637.0
  Application Timestamp:   46fadb14
  Fault Module Name:   StackHash_66f0
  Fault Module Version:   0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   00000000
  Exception Offset:   00000000
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Data:   00000008
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   66f0
  Additional Information 2:   66f06d06f844bd5c49b97c88d6c514cb
  Additional Information 3:   7235
  Additional Information 4:   723561e9eaa5467048b1b8de149bbcea"

"Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Version:   10.0.61637.0
  Application Timestamp:   46fadb14
  Fault Module Name:   API.DLL
  Fault Module Version:   10.0.61637.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   46fadb58
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   000533bf
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   7d79
  Additional Information 2:   7d795e2d464162c1163def7d89a0a7c7
  Additional Information 3:   a3f5
  Additional Information 4:   a3f5984416be245658c62513142a14c0"

By the way: The first time I've seen two of those from one crash, and I'm an IT admin...

I have SimConnect v10.0.61259.0 installed and working. Oh, and no "Poolsize = 0".

After a lot of tries, each time moving the bglmanx.dll a bit further up, FSX will finally fire up to the start screen if the bglmanx.dll is ABOVE the iFly737NG.dll (but still below the iFly744.dll). KMEM and 747 still crashes. KORD and 747 works. I'll test KIAH next...

demio

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2016, 09:22:15 pm »
KIAH doesn't crash...

demio

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2016, 09:52:24 pm »
Last test for today: dll and exe.xml with entries only for Addon Manager and the 747. Result: Crash...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2016, 09:28:07 am »
So, I'm in the process of testing. So far, I've moved the entries in dll and exe.xml to the end, but then I get 3 errors on FSX startup:

No 1 states "The procedure entry point SimConnect_Text could not be located in the dynamic link library simconnect.dll"

This has been discussed many times on the forum. The problem is caused by another add-on that use an outdated (the one from the initial FSX release) Simconnect version, that doesn’t include the Simconnect_text function required by our products, so the sim is forced to load an the outdated version, and is stuck with it for some reason.

It should be possible to fix it as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13029.msg97823.html#msg97823

No 2 and 3 are Windows error message boxes:

Fault Module Name:   StackHash_66f0

Fault Module Name:   API.DLL

By the way: The first time I've seen two of those from one crash, and I'm an IT admin...

These are very common instead, and since API.DLL IS Simconnect, clearly indicates you DO have a problem with Simconnect libraries.

I have SimConnect v10.0.61259.0 installed and working

Your error messages clearly indicates it's not working. More precisely, ANOTHER addon is loading the outdated version first (the RTM version)

Oh, and no "Poolsize = 0"

That would cause the G2D.DLL error.

After a lot of tries, each time moving the bglmanx.dll a bit further up, FSX will finally fire up to the start screen if the bglmanx.dll is ABOVE the iFly737NG.dll (but still below the iFly744.dll). KMEM and 747 still crashes. KORD and 747 works. I'll test KIAH next...

This seems to indicate the module that was compiled with the old SDK is the iFly.

However, while moving it might seem to solve the initial loading problem, if you have a problem with the Windows Side-by-side system, which allows TWO different .DLLs to be loaded and executed in the same address space, is not working properly, there WILL be crashes.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2016, 09:31:22 am »
Last test for today: dll and exe.xml with entries only for Addon Manager and the 747. Result: Crash...

This is not what you said initially:

So, either you haven't really cleaned up the XML files, or you must have done something else in the meantime which has caused other problems to Simconnect.

And, as reported by ubersu, which said he's part of iFly support:

This chap did bring his problem to iFly and I (I'm part of the support team) was unable to reproduce it with any FSDT airport.

Seems to confirm there's no problem between iFly and FSDT modules, at any FSDT airport (I assume that with "any", he included KMEM too).

demio

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2016, 10:21:23 am »
That was a different test. To clarify: "Initially" I removed all entries but the bglmax.dll. Result: No crash, but no functional 747. Yesterday I removed all entries but bglmanx and ifly747, so as to narrow it down. Result: g2d.dll crash.

Seems to confirm there's no problem between iFly and FSDT modules, at any FSDT airport (I assume that with "any", he included KMEM too).

Yes, well, in my case, there seems to be a problem. Any ideas on how to proceed? Re-install the Addon Manager? Will I have to activate my FSDT products again if I do that?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 10:27:38 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2016, 10:30:53 am »
That was a different test. To clarify: "Initially" I removed all entries but the bglmax.dll. Result: No crash, but no functional 747. Yesterday I removed all entries but bglmanx and ifly747, so as to narrow it down. Result: g2d.dll crash.

Which I guess translates into "No crash at KMEM with any other plane", right ?

Yes, well, in my case, there seems to be a problem. Any ideas on how to proceed? Re-install the Addon Manager? Will I have to activate my FSDT products again if I do that?

I don't think it would change much. However, I'd try by downloading and installing the GSX Public Beta, which contains an updated Addon Manager/Couatl that haven't been officially released yet. Don't think it would make any difference, but doesn't hurt trying.

As explained so many times on the forum, you will NEVER lose your activation by simply uninstalling/installing. The ONLY time you must be concerned about reactivating, is when:

- You reinstall Windows from scratch

OR

- You change major hardware components

Uninstalling/reinstalling without doing any of this, can be done an unlimited amount of times.

demio

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2016, 10:46:09 am »

Which I guess translates into "No crash at KMEM with any other plane", right ?
Almost. With the MS' C172 and PMDG's MD-11 there is to crash. With iFly's 737, there is no crash, but also no KMEM: The objects aren't created, I have an empty airport.

I don't think it would change much. However, I'd try by downloading and installing the GSX Public Beta, which contains an updated Addon Manager/Couatl that haven't been officially released yet. Don't think it would make any difference, but doesn't hurt trying.
I'm thinking the same. I'll try it and post the results.

As explained so many times on the forum, you will NEVER lose your activation by simply uninstalling/installing. The ONLY time you must be concerned about reactivating, is when:

- You reinstall Windows from scratch

OR

- You change major hardware components

Uninstalling/reinstalling without doing any of this, can be done an unlimited amount of times.
Sorry, new to the forum. Thanks for the info.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2016, 07:30:24 pm »
Almost. With the MS' C172 and PMDG's MD-11 there is to crash. With iFly's 737, there is no crash, but also no KMEM: The objects aren't created, I have an empty airport.

That's a different and new version of your report. That started saying the problem happened only with iFly products (something that iFly support was never able to reproduce, it seems).

What crash you get with the default C-172 ?