Author Topic: beta problem: PMDG 777F no airstairs only ladder  (Read 9964 times)

p3dx3

Re: beta problem: PMDG 777F no airstairs only ladder
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2016, 01:11:24 am »
For an airport, it's a 10 seconds work. Just select all parkings at once, and everything you edit, will be applied to all selected parkings at once.

I fly to a lot of different airports, and remember I am the guy with the crashing of fsx when changing between full and windowed mode, so to get into the gsx customization screen it is a long process of starting fsx, quickly changing to window mode and then quitting, and restarting fsx again so it is set to start in window mode. Then going to all the airports I fly to and change it.

I can make a more complete list if you want, but ground handling companies like Dnata, Menzies, Swissport, Aviator provide the ground vehicles like pushback trucks and unloaders in cargo ramps too.

At VHHH there are multiple ground handling companies: https://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/passenger/departure/all/airline-information/ground-handling-agents.html

At EDDF I do not get Fraport ground handling with a cargo airplane and they also do freight handling for some and provide the pushback trucks.

If I fly a cargo flight for a DHL company it would be good to have DHL as a ground handling option when landing as well as the regular ground handling service companies. For example taking off at Dubai, I can choose Dnata but after landing at Brussels I could choose DHL.

I found this website I do not know if it is up to date but it lists a lot of ground handling companies world wide: http://www.airlineupdate.com/content_subscription/gha/country-index.htm

Why not just get rid of the restriction for if you are a cargo flight, and give you the complete list including cargo handling? And if you are a passenger airplane give you the option of passenger airlines and ground handling companies in the select provider list?

And back to catering issues, I have flied in fsx to more airports in a freighter and not once have I been able to select different catering services that I could when you fixed that bug and I was flying a passenger airplane.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 10:34:04 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2016, 10:33:42 am »
Why not just get rid of the restriction for if you are a cargo flight, and give you the complete list including cargo handling? And if you are a passenger airplane give you the option of passenger airlines and ground handling companies in the select provider list?

That might be the easiest solution.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2016, 10:36:20 am »
I found this website I do not know if it is up to date but it lists a lot of ground handling companies world wide: http://www.airlineupdate.com/content_subscription/gha/country-index.htm

That's precisely the site where we originally took most of the information already present in GSX. However, it's still not very precise. We have another (professional) database that we subscribed to, which is far more accurate, so we also integrated some of that data of it.

p3dx3

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2016, 10:52:03 am »

Thanks. Is it possible to add back the regular stairs for freighters at the same time you change that? GSX will be perfect with those changes.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2016, 11:01:56 am »
Thanks. Is it possible to add back the regular stairs for freighters at the same time you change that? GSX will be perfect with those changes.

You can do it quite easily yourself.

Select a staircase you think would be appropriate for a cargo crew (maybe the FSDT_Staircase_fixed, which is not too fancy) in the Simobject/Misc folder, and change this line in the SIM.CFG file from this:

condition = ( %(exitAlt)f >= 2.22 ) and ( %(exitAlt)f <= 4.01 ) and ( %(isCargo)f == False )

into this:

condition = ( %(exitAlt)f >= 2.22 ) and ( %(exitAlt)f <= 4.01 )
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 11:03:49 am by virtuali »