Author Topic: beta problem: PMDG 777F no airstairs only ladder  (Read 9953 times)

p3dx3

beta problem: PMDG 777F no airstairs only ladder
« on: December 08, 2016, 10:16:14 pm »
In the new beta of GSX, I started with the PMDG 777F. I have not customized anything it all should be default. When I request deboarding I do not get air stairs coming to the main pax door, but a large ladder. How do I change this? Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: beta problem: PMDG 777F no airstairs only ladder
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 10:35:31 pm »
That's precisely what is supposed to be happening, and it's a feature which has been suggested on the forum by some user, who rightly noticed it's not very appropriate to have large/fancy passenger doors on a Cargo plane, when only the crew will board, so we took the suggestion, and added a simple ladder to be used on Cargo planes.

p3dx3

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 05:09:11 am »
That's precisely what is supposed to be happening, and it's a feature which has been suggested on the forum by some user, who rightly noticed it's not very appropriate to have large/fancy passenger doors on a Cargo plane, when only the crew will board, so we took the suggestion, and added a simple ladder to be used on Cargo planes.

Never have I looked at the type of stairs and it looked different than the regular air stairs available. There might be a difference where you do not get a fancy overhang with the air stairs but the stairs itself is still a stairs. The ladder is weird like you have to climb up that is dangerous for a large airplane. For the cargo ramps you get the ground handling companies bringing the generic air stairs

Some examples I found here

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4a/AeroLogic_777.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7449/10660163453_d1a1313309_b.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/gTWJ09uI_qs/maxresdefault.jpg

https://www.flugzeuginfo.net/images/gallery/2015/boeing_777f_aerologic_d-aalb_2_lax15-6_t.jpg

https://image.jimcdn.com/app/cms/image/transf/dimension=349x1024:format=jpg/path/s43e7277b181ca307/image/ie883737799800c6e/version/1471846419/image.jpg

Claude

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 06:57:43 pm »
I agree with the poster. The "ladder" is unrealistic. Imagine trying to climb up (or down) carrying a flight bag and/or a suitcase?  I'd vote for regular stairs without, if you wish, any specific name or decoration.

Overall, so far I've encountered no problems with the GSX Beta version, but I do have an observation/comment.

While experimenting with the PMDG 777 I experienced the tanker empty and waiting for a second tanker with about 3-4mins of fuel uplift remaining.  By the time the second tanker arrived, PMDG "refueling" was completed. Now the 2nd truck wouldn't leave and GSX continued to remind me to refuel using the aircraft's system. I finally "hit" Reset Position (perhaps I didn't wait long enough). I have since discovered the Multiple tanker option, but wonder if there could be a command to send the 2nd (or 3rd tanker) away when fueling is completed.

Keep up the great work!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 10:40:34 pm »
I agree with the poster. The "ladder" is unrealistic. Imagine trying to climb up (or down) carrying a flight bag and/or a suitcase?  I'd vote for regular stairs without, if you wish, any specific name or decoration.

Well, I can only promise that, next time I hear another user suggestion, I'll try to research into it better...

While experimenting with the PMDG 777 I experienced the tanker empty and waiting for a second tanker with about 3-4mins of fuel uplift remaining.  By the time the second tanker arrived, PMDG "refueling" was completed.

We'll try to check this specific (and a bit unlucky) case, and prevent it. But to make it really perfect, we would need some kind of help from PMDG, since we should have a way to "pause" their refilling, when the truck is away.

In fact, we had some positive reaction by PMDG owner, Robert Randazzo, who proposed we might coordinate, something we'll surely plan to do in the future:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/499155-gsx-refueling-system-ok-with-pmdg/?p=3523133
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 11:44:10 pm by virtuali »

p3dx3

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 02:12:16 am »
Hi Umberto thank you. If possible in a future update if I can get the regular air stairs back that would be nice thanks.

Claude

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 04:30:14 am »
Hi Umberto thanks for the reply. I'm not going to worry much about the "ladder" considering all the other things you've managed to provide with GSX.

I had read your exchange with Robert Randazzo in the PMDG forum and the potential for future coordination with him can only make GSX integration with PMDG even better.

Claude

AirbusA330

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 11:04:00 pm »
I haven't seen the "ladder" yet, but as far as I remember I have sometimes seen cargo planes using more simple and maybe cheaper kinds of stairs like this one:

http://www.globalgse.com/uploaded/images/orig_14032011220654366_11032011903.jpg

p3dx3

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2016, 08:53:43 am »
2 more things of course just minor and not bugs. More suggestions...

For the PMDG 777F freighter again, the lower right aft pallet unloader is bringing pallets from the back of the airplane forward to be unloaded when they should be coming from the front of the plane. It looks odd since you can see the pallets clip through the bulk cargo area if the bulk cargo door is open.

Another thing is great that some cargo ground handlers are added, like DHL. But now I get no options for other ground handling companies, it is always a cargo company. In some big airports like Hong Kong I would like to be able to select the regular ground handler. At Dubai, Dnata but I can only select cargo handlers like DHL or UPS. But still keep the freight cargo containers unloaded. Thank you Umberto.

p3dx3

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2016, 08:54:35 am »
Hi Umberto thanks for the reply. I'm not going to worry much about the "ladder" considering all the other things you've managed to provide with GSX.

I had read your exchange with Robert Randazzo in the PMDG forum and the potential for future coordination with him can only make GSX integration with PMDG even better.

Claude

Why did you come into my topic and decide the ladder is not important?

Eisbahn

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2016, 11:21:07 am »
Why did you come into my topic and decide the ladder is not important? 

And why do you think any topic raised by you is more important than anything else?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 01:45:22 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2016, 12:27:07 pm »
But now I get no options for other ground handling companies, it is always a cargo company. In some big airports like Hong Kong I would like to be able to select the regular ground handler. At Dubai, Dnata but I can only select cargo handlers like DHL or UPS. But still keep the freight cargo containers unloaded.

This issue, which of course is not a GSX issue, but a scenery issue, has been discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14346.msg105728.html#msg105728

I'll repeat it again here:

In latest versions, we added the distinction between cargo and non-cargo companies, so you won't have unrealistic situations of having passenger companies on cargo parkings.

However, there's a new fad going around with some developers, that flags *everything* as cargo or military cargo, most likely to get rid of default ground vehicles, something that might have been achieved using the "ga ramp" type, in order to preserve the difference between cargo and non-cargo. In this situation, you'll probably get random operators.

Which is why, we added also the ability to override the parking TYPE too, so you can restore the proper parking type, without having to edit the scenery AFCAD.

p3dx3

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2016, 10:57:05 am »
But in doing that separating cargo and passenger, you get rid of being able to use typical ground handling companies like Menzies, Dnata, etc that also do cargo ground handling. If you are saying I have to go to each airport and customize everything to change my freighter spots to passenger just to get some ground handling by Dnata and others that should still be there that is  a lot of work.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 01:44:06 pm by virtuali »

p3dx3

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2016, 10:58:18 am »
i gave a suggestion and as a paying customer I am entitled. If you do not care about ladders, you can make a topic telling them great job and keep the ladders. It is rude to come to my topic and tell me that my opinions are not important. Have some respect.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 01:44:32 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2016, 01:44:14 pm »
But in doing that separating cargo and passenger, you get rid of being able to use typical ground handling companies like Menzies, Dnata, etc that also do cargo ground handling.

Do you have a list of companies that do BOTH ?

If you are saying I have to go to each airport and customize everything to change my freighter spots to passenger just to get some ground handling by Dnata and others that should still be there that is  a lot of work.

For an airport, it's a 10 seconds work. Just select all parkings at once, and everything you edit, will be applied to all selected parkings at once.