Author Topic: GSX inop after trying to install beta.  (Read 4629 times)

cptmorgn1999

GSX inop after trying to install beta.
« on: December 07, 2016, 03:39:10 am »
So, I downloaded the fuel truck beta today and my GSX will not work now.  Any suggestions as to how I can uninstall the whole GSX program?  I have taken multiple screen shots of the error messages that I get and would be happy to link them to anyone that can help me figure this out. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX inop after trying to install beta.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 09:17:22 am »
Please clarify what do you mean with "not work now".

Since the Beta is going to be official at some time, it's doesn't help anybody if you find a problem and uninstall it, we should rather understand why is not working on your system, since you are the first ever reporting this.

cptmorgn1999

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 11:37:55 pm »
I agree with trying to find a solution as I paid for the full version, so I would like it to work as well.  I simply would like to uninstall the whole program and then reinstall it in hopes that it will work.  Right now, GSX will not work. 

When I start FSX, select my plane and which ever flight I wish to fly and hit "Fly Now, I get an error message that states," The add-on <unknown> is causing the Couatl Scripting Engine to restart. Please download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager from http://www.fsdreamteam.com/sa-addon-manager

Do you want to open the log to see error details?"

If i click yes, I get the following:

Couatl.err - Notepad

couatl v3.1 (build 3573)
panic log started on Wed Dec 07 17:17:02

problem raised by add-on <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File  "<string>", line 47, in loadAddons
   File  "<string>", line 36, in importAndCreateInstance
ImportError: No module named common
{}

If I close Notepad out, I get the message:

Do you want to restart Couatl?

Replying NO will quit Couatl. 

Yes    No

If i hit no, it will start FSX, but GSX will not work.

If I hit yes, the initial opening message appears again.

Any idea what is causing these errors?

omitchell

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 11:44:48 pm »
Exact same error happening here too with the beta
"ETOPS - Engines Turn Or Passengers Swim"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 01:42:04 pm »
That error cannot possibly happen, unless you installed something else from FSDT (the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, most likely ? ) after the Beta, which as explained in the related topic, shouldn't be done and, if you must reinstall anything from FSDT, you must reinstall the Beta again, as the last thing you do.

cptmorgn1999

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 04:15:49 pm »
Ok, so how do I go about uninstalling EVERYTHING GSX related so I can reinstall it?  I really like the GSX program and would like to continue to use it since I paid for it 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 04:36:08 pm »
Ok, so how do I go about uninstalling EVERYTHING GSX related so I can reinstall it?  I really like the GSX program and would like to continue to use it since I paid for it ?

That's really simple:

- If you want to use the Beta, install the Beta and be sure you do it AFTER *any* other FSDT installer and be sure you are reinstalling it again, if you need to reinstall any other FSDT installer for any reason.

- If you want to use the regular version, uninstall the Beta and install the regular version.

But that's not really the point of using a Beta to begin with, which implies some kind of cooperation with us (it's called a Beta for a reason) so, if you please:

Can you confirm the problem is STILL happening if you reinstall the current Beta NOW, with nothing else FSDT afterwards ?

cptmorgn1999

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 04:49:11 pm »
So I should just use Windows 10 standard UNINSTALL for removing GSX and the Beta and then try reinstalling both?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2016, 04:55:12 pm »
So I should just use Windows 10 standard UNINSTALL for removing GSX and the Beta and then try reinstalling both?

Sure, the standard Uninstall. And, if you want to test the Beta, there's no need to install the standard GSX, just the Beta, which is complete.