Author Topic: Something wrong with lax afcad file  (Read 7640 times)

p3dx3

Something wrong with lax afcad file
« on: November 25, 2016, 11:38:21 pm »
I cannot re-compile the latest klax afcad file for the fsx scenery. The GSX installer installed the latest afcad files. I can open up and edit the lax afcad file but not compile or save. I do not have that issue in your other afcad files for other airports.

One thing I noticed is 4 parking spots are labeled fuel but they are for vehicles and should be changed to a vehicle label.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Something wrong with lax afcad file
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 10:07:31 am »
That's nothing that has anything to do with the AFCAD itself. They are plain, standard, 100% SDK compliant AFCAD files, made with the BGLCOMP from the SDK.

So, whatever issue you have recompiling them, it must be something related to the program you are using ( ADE ? )

UniformAlpha2014

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 10:05:25 pm »
Hi there,

Yes I obviously have the same problem and I currently use the ADE tool to tweak a little at the most airports I buy.
KLAX is the only one, where it doesn't save the changes.

Can you as Dev tell me how get around that.

Really want to do some changes to the airport.

Kind regards  ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 11:27:04 am »
Yes I obviously have the same problem and I currently use the ADE tool to tweak a little at the most airports I buy. KLAX is the only one, where it doesn't save the changes.

As I've said, the KLAX scenery is a 100% compliant AFCAD, and nothing in it prevents to be edited and saved back.

A common mistake is saving it back using a different name, which will create a conflict, since you will now have two AFCADs for the same airport. If you really need to edit the AFCAD, you must save it with the same name as the original one, and on the same location.

If you are sure you are doing this, than the problem can only be caused by something which IS 100% standard SDK, but is not supported by your version of ADE, so it's not saved back. Again, there's nothing in the .BGL which prevents editing or it's not 100% standard.

christiaan

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 11:06:38 pm »
After a long while I returned to the excellent  KLAX v2 today, using my ADE I altered gate airline codes without any issues.

Have another issue about the jetways

Has there been an update solution to the jetways as some are turned away from the aircraft, or to update to have more gates with three jetways.

Sorry if I am high jacking this topic.

Please see  attachment from google Earth.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 11:34:11 am »
Has there been an update solution to the jetways as some are turned away from the aircraft, or to update to have more gates with three jetways.

The default jetway system used by FSX, only supports one jetway for each parking. Our most recent sceneries use the SODE addon to do jetways, which removes most of these limitations so, in case we'll ever do a new version of KLAX, we'll likely use it to improve jetways.

p3dx3

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 08:21:08 pm »
Yes I obviously have the same problem and I currently use the ADE tool to tweak a little at the most airports I buy. KLAX is the only one, where it doesn't save the changes.

As I've said, the KLAX scenery is a 100% compliant AFCAD, and nothing in it prevents to be edited and saved back.

A common mistake is saving it back using a different name, which will create a conflict, since you will now have two AFCADs for the same airport. If you really need to edit the AFCAD, you must save it with the same name as the original one, and on the same location.

If you are sure you are doing this, than the problem can only be caused by something which IS 100% standard SDK, but is not supported by your version of ADE, so it's not saved back. Again, there's nothing in the .BGL which prevents editing or it's not 100% standard.

I open the Afcad file bgl KLAX_AP.bgl in ADE

I make changes, and go up to file... save like I do with each afcad I edit

It says "save successful" but when I open the projects folder in ADE it does not list KLAX at all.

I cannot save OR compile the afcad file after making changes?

I downloaded an afcad for FSDT klax from avsim by Kevin Boydston, opened it up in ADE, went to file... save. and it saved to my ADE projects folder. There is something buggy with the latest LAX afcad as supplied by the autoupdate system I ran after the last GSX installer

I would rather use the latest afcad from the autoupdater even though Kevin spent a lot of time adding many parking spots. I'd like to make the changes using the latest afcad as a base in case any changes have been made since Kevin updated his afcad in late 2016.

A couple small problems with both afacds Id like to change such as some fuel parking spots should not be coded fuel fsx thinks this is an aircraft parking spot, the fuel spots should be changed to vehicle.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 08:28:30 pm by 413x3 »

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 10:57:31 pm »

It says "save successful" but when I open the projects folder in ADE it does not list KLAX at all.

This sounds very much like an issue in your ADE setup. I'm able to save, compile and then reopen any of the FSDT airport projects. One thing to keep in mind with ADE is that the file/project search function doesn't work very well. When opening previous projects, either sort by date modified or alphabetical and select from there.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 11:33:59 pm by Dave_YVR »

p3dx3

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 04:47:49 am »

This sounds very much like an issue in your ADE setup. I'm able to save, compile and then reopen any of the FSDT airport projects. One thing to keep in mind with ADE is that the file/project search function doesn't work very well. When opening previous projects, either sort by date modified or alphabetical and select from there.

You can open the latest lax afcad d/l using the afcad update feature in the installers? the project file for klax isnt there I'm looking at the folder in explorer. I have never had this issue in any other afcad file, just the klax afcad.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 08:02:07 am »

You can open the latest lax afcad d/l using the afcad update feature in the installers? the project file for klax isnt there I'm looking at the folder in explorer. I have never had this issue in any other afcad file, just the klax afcad.

Yeah you bet, it works just fine on my end. I tried it immediately before posting the last message.

p3dx3

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 04:00:23 am »
The problem is on my end I do not know what, but I uninstalled ADE, deleted the folder, installed the latest version, and installed the latest P3D SDK files, and it works! Sorry thanks for the help anyway. User error