Author Topic: GSX and REX new Worldwide Airports HD  (Read 4803 times)

Captain Fred

GSX and REX new Worldwide Airports HD
« on: November 02, 2016, 04:32:52 pm »
I am considering purchasing REX's new Worldwide Airports HD airport scenery enchantment and was wondering if there will be compatibility issues with the scenery I own
KMEM and KORD? Previews look pretty good. It should go live in the next few weeks. REX's website states that it should be a major improvement to the built in scenery of the
world's airports. Any thoughts?  Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and REX new Worldwide Airports HD
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 03:59:20 pm »
I don't think that such product would have any effect on non-default airports.

jabloomf1230

GSX and REX new Worldwide Airports HD
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 03:02:46 pm »
REX's new product only adds more realistic textures to default  buildings, airport vehicles and ground polygons such as runways. It seems to work flawlessly with GSX at any airport  that I've tried so far. It also has no effect on any 3rd party airport that relies solely on custom objects.

Captain Fred

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 08:20:54 pm »
UPDATE: REX's new Wordlwide Airports HD works very well with GSX and the addon airports I have. It does make a difference in the default scenery.

pete_auau

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 07:15:06 am »
Update  issue  will be  resolved  in the  sp1 update  from rex

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 05:07:22 pm »
I am considering purchasing REX's new Worldwide Airports HD airport scenery enchantment and was wondering if there will be compatibility issues with the scenery I own
KMEM and KORD? Previews look pretty good. It should go live in the next few weeks. REX's website states that it should be a major improvement to the built in scenery of the
world's airports. Any thoughts?  Thanks.

Captain Fred,

The ONLY conflicts between the two programs are with the ground service vehicles. WWAHD changes the models that FSX uses for the default FSX ground service vehicles. So, for the most part, if the default FSX ground vehicles didn't cause you any grief, the REX ones won't either. That being said, the default FSX vehicles (and their REX replacements) do conflict with GSX. GSX isn't aware of the locations of the default vehicles, so it will place a push back tug right on top of the default FSX push back tug. The fix has always been to turn the default FSX airport vehicle traffic off in traffic settings. Effectively, no change at all due to the installation or operation of WWAHD.

There was a bug in the REX push back models that caused them to "crash" into your airplane before they even got close enough to do the actual push back. There was a hotfix pushed out this morning.

-Fixed issue with crashing of pushback vehicles.
-Fixed issue of GSX pushback showing over REX pushback vehicle.

I guess they moved the push back starting point. I'll have to try it out today.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 05:15:00 pm by Pirateinparadise »
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.