Author Topic: Not reading  (Read 4959 times)

TWA Pilot

Not reading
« on: January 04, 2009, 11:04:25 pm »
I went to tweek my O'Hare AFCAD and found that my TTools was reading the app.afcad. This would explain the strange arrivals and departures.
Is this approach bgl in the wrong folder, or am I missing someting??

Doug

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Not reading
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 01:25:37 am »
Is this approach bgl in the wrong folder, or am I missing someting?

It's all correct, there are 2 AFCADs for KORD, one contains ONLY the approaches for the new runway numbering (APPR_KORD.BGL), the other is the usual AFCAD, and is named AF2_KORD.BGL.

It's done intentionally, so users wanting to tweak the AFCAD using an utility that doesn't handle approaches when it saves the modified file, can do it without destroying the approaches.

TWA Pilot

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 11:53:49 pm »
So what you are telling me is that I can't tweek my AFCAD unless I have this tool that reads approach blg's.....
All I want to do is change some gates.....Can I remove the approach blg, do my gate changes then return the approach bgl back......??

Doug

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 10:38:49 am »
So what you are telling me is that I can't tweek my AFCAD unless I have this tool that reads approach blg's...

I'm saying exactly the OPPOSITE!!!

We made two separate .BGL JUST for that reason: so you CAN tweak your normal AFCAD, without worrying if your tool of choice supports the approaches or not, because they are inside the *other* file...

It's just that you need to specifically open the AF2_KORD.BGL, and not just type "KORD" and let the editor open the first AFCAD it finds. With the old AFCAD utility, for example, you just select the option to open from a specific BGL.

TWA Pilot

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 12:06:06 am »
Okay...now I got it! Works like a charm, thank-you!!

Doug