Author Topic: Cant get started with the Demo  (Read 3563 times)

13Aces

Cant get started with the Demo
« on: November 13, 2016, 02:30:06 pm »
I have downloaded  and installed GSX (using demo mode). Positioned my aircraft-- ifly 737-800 at LIML. Press Shift- ctrl-F12 and get the warning that I can't call ground service with engines running. So I shut down the engines - press Shift-ctrl-f12 again and --- nothing. Any idea what the problem may be? - Have shut down P3D and all associated programmes - reloaded and same again - a couple of times I have noticed the cones surrounding the aircraft but nothing else.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cant get started with the Demo
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 07:45:21 pm »
The issue, which has been discussed so many times on the forum, doesn't have anything to do with GSX.

It's a very well known P3D installation problem that, if you upgrade P3D using the "Client" installer, the files needed to support the new menu styles won't be installed, which results in ALL 3rd PARTY addons with a menu stop working, not just GSX, but also FS Passengers, SODE, and countless of other 3rd party apps that displays an in-game menu.

The issue can be fixed by installing the P3D "Content" or the P3D "Full" installer.

13Aces

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 10:49:59 pm »
As a user of P3D from V1 I never came across this before-- and I have many other 3rd party programmes installed in my home cockpit set up.
New users of GSX, like myself, are unlikely to trawl the forums before installation but probably will follow the advice given on the website to use the "GSX Full Installer"  for FSX/P3D - no mention there of anything else.
Where do I find the "P3D Content" or "P3D Full Installer" you mention? I would like to try your programme.

13Aces

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 09:54:18 am »
Ah I have found what I was looking for. Will get updates installed and try again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 07:53:24 pm »
As a user of P3D from V1 I never came across this before

That's because it's a bug that has been introduced with the P3D 3.x installer, when LM switched to a different menu system.

New users of GSX, like myself, are unlikely to trawl the forums before installation but probably will follow the advice given on the website to use the "GSX Full Installer"  for FSX/P3D - no mention there of anything else.

I'll repeat it again: it's not a GSX problem, it's a P3D 3.x installer bug, which doesn't install the required files to support 3rd party (ANY 3rd party) applications that use a menu. This issue won't affect ALL 3rd party apps, just those that needs to display an in-game menu, like SODE, FS Passengers, etc.