Author Topic: KORD Non-Default Jet ways Question  (Read 4533 times)

Machofner

KORD Non-Default Jet ways Question
« on: November 12, 2016, 09:02:17 pm »
Another newbe question. I recently purchased GSX. Today I purchased FSDT KORD airport, Both with GSX and KORD I always seem to pick a gate that has a default jet way. I assumed (Bad thing to do) that all the gates in the FSDT KORD product would have all gate jet ways work. Not default. Is their a way to see which gates are not default jet ways? I have yet to find a jet way that is not default. Can someone please explain what I need to do to find a working/moving jet way?

P3d ver 3.5
PMDG 777
PMDG 737NGX 800-900

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

Machofner

Re: KORD Non-Default Jet ways Question
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 09:52:09 pm »
Update From Newbe found CTRL J.

Next question same topic jet way does not line up with 2nd passenger door on left. It is too high for the PMDG 777. Gate M4 KORD.

Is there some way to adjust it?

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 07:53:45 pm »
The default jetway system in FSX, that KORD uses, works only with the main passenger door.

Machofner

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 07:58:37 pm »
Example below:

Positioned PMDG 777 on runway 27L Active runway
Selected gate M7(FS Name = Gate M7)/J
Just warp me to there
Shut down the engines and set parking brake.
Requested deboarding
activated jetway
Jetway lined up at door left 2. Bottom of jetway 3/4 higher that left 2 door.
GSX message Open L entry 1.
After opening L entry 1 door GSX message deboarding. (passengers fall to tarmac from L entry 1).

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 09:26:38 am »
Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Nothing is wrong, and everything is working as expected.

Jetway lined up at door left 2

That's because, as I've said, the default FSX jetway animation system, which is what KORD (and all our sceneries, except KMEM and KIAH, which use SODE) uses, will automatically, and totally outside our control, move the jetway towards the main passenger door as defined in your airplane.cfg.

This means, if your airplane.cfg has been made with the 2nd door configured to be the main one, the jetway WILL go there, regardless of GSX. The default GSX jetway will only look at the [Exits] section of the aircraft.cfg, and neither GSX or the scenery has any control over this.

Since GSX, by default, expect to open the 1st door, it will wait for it in any case. But of course, you can configure GSX, to set the 2nd door to be the first passenger door, and this is done by swapping the data for the doors 1 and 2 with the included airplane configuration editor.

Exchange all their parameters, including the custom XML expression and the custom name in the editor. Your goal is to have what is now Exit 2L to go into the GSX Passenger Door #1 slot, and vice-versa. Exit 1L should then go into GSX Passenger Door #2 slot.

Machofner

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 01:42:34 pm »
Umberto,

So neither you or I can change the height of the jet way in this situation.

Still learning.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken