Author Topic: No jetway can operate at this position  (Read 3726 times)

danch53

No jetway can operate at this position
« on: November 07, 2016, 01:01:23 am »
I am having a problem getting the jetway animation activated. I've followed the steps as outlined in the scenery manual, and all goes well until I arrive at one of the gates designated by GSX as a JS gate. When I arrive at the gate and engage the GSX hotkey and select Request Boarding or deboarding, I get a GSX message that says "No jetway can operate at this position." This happens on both the Aerosoft Airbus and PMDG 737 NGX. Am having same problem at both KMEM and KIAH. Any help you could offer would be appreciated ... thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No jetway can operate at this position
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 01:18:55 am »
The message about the jetways is correct, because GSX won't let you use a jetway that it already *knows* (because it asked SODE to pre-solve it without animating it) it won't reach a door for any reason.

While the FSX default animation might have resulted in visual bugs, like jetways sinking in the ground, or exploded, with SODE it's either perfect, or it won't even move, which we believe is far more realistic.

There might be many reasons why a jetway cannot solve, and are a combination of:

- The plane used

- The actual parking position, which includes both the position and even the heading.