Author Topic: FSDT LSZH Airport Height does not correspond with Jetways  (Read 5987 times)

Glutz

FSDT LSZH Airport Height does not correspond with Jetways
« on: October 31, 2016, 06:13:18 pm »
Hallo

I use P3D V3.4, LSZH and GSX Couatl FSDT.

A/C is A320 from Aerosoft parked at a Gate on the Airport of zurich.

I activate the Jetway by pressing Ctrl+J. Jetway move towarts the A/C.

....but the Jetway sinks into the underground!!!

The real height of the tarmac at LSZH is 1'416.1 feet. How and where can I adjust this value?

Thank you for yr help and coop.

Gerhard

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT LSZH Airport Height does not correspond with Jetways
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 10:24:02 am »
I activate the Jetway by pressing Ctrl+J. Jetway move towarts the A/C.....but the Jetway sinks into the underground!!!

This is to be expected: Zurich uses the default jetway animation system (we only model the jetway, but it's FSX which animates them), which is well known to have bugs, so there's simply nothing you or we can do to fix it.

That's one of the reason SODE has been developed recently, as an alternative to the very bugged default jetway animation system, but the scenery must be programmed for that.

Our two most recent sceneries, KIAH and KMEM, has been updated to use SODE jetways, and we plan to update all our existing sceneries to support it, but this will take some time.

The real height of the tarmac at LSZH is 1'416.1 feet. How and where can I adjust this value?

That's not the problem, the airport height it's obviously correct in the scenery and there's nothing to change, the issue is only the default FSX jetway animation system is bugged, and there's nothing we can do about it, other than switching to SODE, but this will take some time.

HB-JHK

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 07:05:44 pm »
Hi Umberto
Thanks for this nice News regarding SODE.
Can we also expected a new version of LSZH?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 07:07:59 pm by HB-JHK »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 01:19:25 pm »
Thanks for this nice News regarding SODE.  Can we also expected a new version of LSZH?

As we confirmed multiple times when asked, we plan to revisit ALL our past airports, to add support for SODE jetways.

In some cases, depending on the status of the airport, we might add other changes, but there isn't any planned timeline for such upgrades at this time, since we have our hands entirely full with other upgrades, new sceneries coming out, new GSX, etc.

HB-JHK

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 11:48:43 am »
Thanks for the answer. There are some Points which are now different as before.

For example the Jetways at Terminal A are now and not anymore green.

I'm working at the airport, if you maybe need some pictures of the airport let me know via privat messages.  :)

« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 11:50:27 am by HB-JHK »