Author Topic: Unable to purchase  (Read 7421 times)

trisager

Unable to purchase
« on: January 02, 2009, 02:47:39 pm »
I have downloaded and installed the KORD demo for FSX. I like the product, but after selecting it and pressing "buy" I immediately get an error message saying "Buying procedure not completed for: FSDreamTeam Chicago Ohare".

I suppose I could try one of the other purchase methods, but I'm uncomfortable that this doesn't work.

I believe that I have followed the correct installation procedure. I'm using FSX SP2 on Windows XP SP3. The trial function works as advertised - I see the airport for a few minutes, then it disappears.

Tom

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Unable to purchase
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 02:52:00 pm »
It might be that, due to wrong permission settings on your installation or your user account, the Esellerate dll wasn't installed on your system, OR there's an old version already installed that is preventing the udpate of the current one.

Check the following:

- If you have an Esellerateengine.dll in your FSX root folder, manually delete it

- If you have an Esellerateengine.dll in your C:\Windows folder, manually delete it

- Run the installer again, check the Esellerateengine.dll has been copied in the C:\Windows folder. If it hasn't, you can try downloading it from here:

http://www.virtualisoftware.com/binaries/eSellerateEngine.dll

And put it into the C:\Windows folder, then run FSX and try again the purchase.

trisager

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 08:08:07 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions - I uninstalled/reinstalled and checked for the Esellerateengine.dll where you suggested. Everything looks good, but the problem remains.

The only thing not standard about my installation that I can think of is that FSX is installed to a separate drive, D:\FSX. Is that supported by your installer?

Thanks for your assistance,
Tom

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 08:26:21 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions - I uninstalled/reinstalled and checked for the Esellerateengine.dll where you suggested. Everything looks good, but the problem remains.

Then you have some issues with permissions settings, see below.

The only thing not standard about my installation that I can think of is that FSX is installed to a separate drive, D:\FSX. Is that supported by your installer?

Of course it is. We obviously don't make *any* assumption about were FSX is installed, but clearly ask Windows were it is. So, it will work regardless of the drive.

Under Vista (no idea on XP SP3, perhaps some of the Vista feature were adopted in XP as well) there *might* be a permission problem by installing something on the root folder, in some cases. Check that your user account have full read/write permission on the FSX folder and subfolders.

However, the only repercussion of wrong permissions on the FSX folder would be that AFTER purchasing,  the .REG file wouldn't be written, but this would be just a minor annoyance, and it would't affect the purchase itself.

Also, I'm assuming your user account HAS admin rights, otherwise something might not work.

Have you tried running FSX as administrator ?

Also, have you tried turning off ALL security software, especially firewalls (the Windows firewall AND any other software you might have installed) before running FSX ?

trisager

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 02:26:00 am »
Hi,

Yes, my account has administrator privileges. XP Firewall is disabled, NOD32 disabled and there is no other security software installed. I can launch other programes from your addon manager (Acrobat for reading the manual, web browser for alternative purchase options). It's just the "Buy" button that doesn't work.

I have several other addons installed - any known incompatibilities?

If I use another way of purchasing, can I expect the scenery to work given this problem, or must the addon manager be able to launch esellerate.dll as part of authentication?

Tom

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 02:19:00 pm »
It's just the "Buy" button that doesn't work.

Than it's something related to the Eselleratengine.dll, which is called by the Buy button. This SHOULD have been fixed by following my first advice. Are you sure you did all the steps exactly as I've said ?

I have several other addons installed - any known incompatibilities?

Not with the Esellerate part. If you are running the Addon Manager fine (and you are), the only problem might have been another addon using Esellerate, that installed an older version. This should have fixed as above.

If I use another way of purchasing, can I expect the scenery to work given this problem, or must the addon manager be able to launch esellerate.dll as part of authentication?

No, the scenery will never work without a working Esellerate, because even if you manage to buy in another way (from the web, for example), you will not be able to activate the serial number.

I'm sorry, but unless you can't fix this issue, you can't buy the scenery.

NOTE: you are the first one, in more than 3 years we are using this system, that reports the Buy button doing nothing. So, it's obviously something very wrong on your system. The most likely is either the wrong Esellerate version, or a firewall that is blocking it. Antivirus shouldn't be a problem, because these usuall block the Addon Manager itself, but this doesn't appear to be an issue in your case, because a blocked Addon Manger wouldn't appear on the Addons menu.

trisager

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 02:50:01 pm »
Edit: OK, got it. The culprit was an old version of the esellerateengine.dll lurking in windows\system32. I suppose I must have installed a trial version sometime in the past and forgotten all about it.

Thanks for your help with this,
Tom
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 03:00:00 pm by trisager »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 05:48:24 pm »
Edit: OK, got it. The culprit was an old version of the esellerateengine.dll lurking in windows\system32. I suppose I must have installed a trial version sometime in the past and forgotten all about it.

Might be, but not from any of our products, it must be some other product or its trial (not necessarily related to flightsim), because we never installed into windows\system32, which is the wrong place. According to Esellerate docs, the correct folders are C:\Windows under XP and C:\ProgramData\Esellerate under Vista.