Author Topic: AFCAD File  (Read 4482 times)

Jamesyboy

AFCAD File
« on: October 25, 2016, 08:43:03 pm »
Good evening,

Appreciate some help please.

I downloaded an AFCAD file from the Avsim file library.  I assumed this was a valid file as it stated the author was "FSDreamTeam, Kevin Boydston.

Since I installed the file I receive a message " Error decrypting File FSDT_KIAH_TIA.mdl.  Thereafter I receive around 6 similar messages.

I removed the file and reinstalled the original file.  But, now receive same messages mentioned above.

Can you advise how I resolve this as the scenery is unusable.   

Regards.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AFCAD File
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 09:50:45 am »
There's a sticky thread on top of this very section:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13564.0.html

We released today an update for Houston, to use SODE Jetways (together with the updated GSX). This update requires to download and install the Full Installer for KIAH and the latest GSX Full installer too.

Jamesyboy

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 09:00:52 pm »
Thanks for this.

I did not equate the two.

I'm not so good at the technical stuff.  Before I install the new installers recommended do I need to delete the old versions first and do I need to download the most recent version of the stand alone manager also.

Regards.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 01:17:59 pm »
Before I install the new installers recommended do I need to delete the old versions first

The instructions don't say that, so you can assume it's not required. If it was, we would clearly said so or, most likely, have the installer checking for this and prompting to do it.

and do I need to download the most recent version of the stand alone manager also.

The instructions don't say that, they only say to download and install the latest Full installers for KIAH and GSX.

All the Full installers of all our products contains everything, including the Addon Manager so, if you just download them now, there's no need to install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager too. The only time you would want to download the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, is when you want to update that one *without* downloading a Full installer but, since in this case you must do it anyway, the separate Addon Manager is just redundant.

Jamesyboy

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 09:37:50 pm »
Thanks for your helpful support.  It worked perfectly.  I simply erred on the side of caution, that is why I wanted to check the installation process as I have had a few difficulties with installing updates as building disappear for example.  I have many sceneries from different manufacturers and they all seem to work differently.  So, wanted to be sure, before I made further mistakes, better to be safe than sorry.

Regards.