Author Topic: New to GSX and error Can't initiate simconnect error  (Read 8329 times)

walouigi

Re: New to GSX and error Can't initiate simconnect error
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2016, 01:54:05 pm »
Hi Umberto,
The log is all that comes up, the sim start and nothing else display, now since I even stoped the FSUIPC the add-on button is not displayed any more.
Please tell me how do I attach the log for you, as I try to copy from it the info it doesn't allow me.
I don't have steam edition, so the file you are referring to does not exist for the sim clients, I only have the Acceleration version.
Please advise
Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2016, 02:14:19 pm »
I don't have steam edition, so the file you are referring to does not exist for the sim clients, I only have the Acceleration version.

Ok, this is different then, the Simconnect clients are installed by the SP2/Acceleration pack installer. Sometimes it's enough to do a "Repair" from the Acceleration installer that comes on the DVD.

If you have the FSX SDK installed, the SimConnect.msi can be found in "C:\ ... \SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\Lib".

walouigi

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2016, 02:57:32 pm »
Hi Umberto,
I did action the simconnect SDK\Lib. but still have the issues.
I just don't want to reinstall FSX from scratch, as I already installed lots of aircraft's addons, and starting the scenery install process.
So what should I do next?
Thanks again

walouigi

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2016, 02:32:46 pm »
Hi Umberto, just to advise you that I reinstalled FSX and GSX, and it is now working so far.
Thanks
Hani

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2016, 12:39:42 pm »
Hi Umberto, just to advise you that I reinstalled FSX and GSX, and it is now working so far.

That's to be expected: reinstalling FSX probably fixed the broken Simconnect.